Field Technician - #740386
UGI Utilities, Inc
Date: 01/14/2022 17:00 PM
City: Archbald, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company committed to delivering reliable, safe and affordable energy to our 700,000 customers in 45 counties in Pennsylvania and 1 county in Maryland. We pride ourselves on being a responsive, engaging energy company. The foundation of our success lies in the strength of our 1,700 plus employees who strive to exceed the expectations of our customers and the communities we serve every day.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance
- disability plans
- 401(k) matched savings plan
- paid vacation
- company stock purchase program
- wellness programs
- tuition reimbursement
- paid parental leave
- paid volunteer time
- adoption assistance
The Utility A Start is a bargaining unit position in C&M department. The position has a structured training and progression plan which provides the opportunity to learn skills necessary to perform service line inspection, meter reading, collections, turn ons, shut offs, odor investigation, gas leak and carbon monoxide investigation, pipefitting, odorant testing, basic gas construction and maintenance skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Per Union Contract –
- Build and install meter sets and pipefitting.
- Complete turn ons and light ups.
- Respond to inside and outside odor complaints when qualified and cover IROC.
- Install and maintain a natural gas distribution system (leak repairs, new services, and mains).
- Perform other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Availability for after-hours work and callout when judge qualified.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid PA Driver’s License, good driving record
- Must acquire a class “A” CDL
UGI Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. As such, the Company abides by the requirements of the Executive Order 11246, 41 CFR 60-741.5(a), and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with UGI policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, UGI cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.