Merchant/ Merchandise Manager - #740425
Alpha Industries Inc.
Date: 01/14/2022 17:30 PM
City: Chantilly, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Since 1959 Alpha Industries has designed and sold high quality, military-inspired outerwear that remains true to its heritage. The authenticity of the brand’s top styles, the MA-1 Flight Jacket and the M-65 Field Coat, was born of purpose as a result of the first contracts awarded by the U.S. Department of Defense over 50 years ago. Even today both styles, among many others, have kept Alpha Industries at the forefront of military fashion offering new fits, silhouettes, colors, and detailing. Available in department stores, specialty shops, and fashion retailers around the globe, Alpha also collaborates with top brands and designers. For more information, visit www.alphaindustries.com.
Alpha Industries offers a casual, family-friendly work culture. You’ll be joining a passionate team that works hard to deliver on our brand mission and to ensure that our customers have a positive experience with our outerwear.
The Merchant is responsible for seasonal management of line architecture, financial performance goals and product lifecycle as well as go-to-market operational effectiveness.
This position will be a hybrid position, coming into the office 2-3 days a week and then working remotely the other days. If relocation is necessary Alpha will assist with relocation costs.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and optimize product assortments that maximize revenue and profit for both DTC and Wholesale Channels by analyzing historical sales, market data and future trajectory of the business.
- Responsible for seasonal category line plans that effectively and accurately guide design, product development and production along with supporting divisional objectives.
- Support Merchandising vision and Brand Strategy while partnering with Planning, Marketing and Sales to execute on go-to-market vision.
- Maintain Merchandising calendars and develop seasonal Brand Calendars.
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of customer base and competitive landscape
- Provide thorough analysis of business categories and effectively articulate research to senior management and cross-functional partners. Identify and react to risks and opportunities in the business.
- Partner with Planning Manager on building out seasonal financial plans and managing markdown plan.
- Responsible for presenting and workshopping all samples with sales team and buyers as needed
- Track implementation of assortment plans across categories and channels; analyze product performance, market conditions and feedback from customers and identify opportunities based on analysis
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to develop line based on Market research and customer feedback
- Experience in both domestic and international market a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, coupled with strong organization skills
- Must have strong understanding of Retail Math with strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in merchant role; preferably in Apparel
- Have experience with multiple go-to-market models including direct to consumer and wholesale a plus
Alpha Industries offers competitive pay and outstanding benefits package. Alpha Industries’ corporate headquarters is located in Chantilly, VA, Sales and Marketing located in New York, NY and Distribution Center in Knoxville, TN. Alpha Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To learn more about a rewarding career with Alpha Industries, please visit our website at www.alphaindustries.com.