Registered Nurse, Mental Health - Residential (Overnight) - #740498
Discovery Behavioral Health
Date: 01/14/2022 19:00 PM
City: Dade City, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Come grow your career with us and help turn lives around!
Who is Discovery Behavioral Health?
Discovery Behavioral Health (DBH) is a national leader in behavioral healthcare and one of the fastest growing companies in the field. DBH offers world-class treatment for those struggling with eating disorders, mental health, and substance use and places a high priority on seeking employees who share our passion for improving the lives we serve.
Since 1997, Discovery Mood and Anxiety Programs, DBH’s Mental Health Disorder Division, has helped thousands of patients discover their path to the full and rewarding lives they deserve with evidence-based and inclusive treatment options.
Our Offer to You!
We are dedicated to empowering our clinicians with their professional and personal development by providing:
- 401(k) with company match
- Healthcare benefits
- Vacation and sick days
- Employee referral program
- Employee discounts to various stores, amusement parks, events, etc.
- Continuing Education (CE) programs and training
- Supervision hours
- Networking opportunities and development of professional relations
- Weekly training opportunities
- Advancement opportunities within the organization
- Developing and initiating the Nursing Care Plan
- Providing clear and complete client documentation
- Implementing Physician Orders
- Counting narcotics daily, logs appropriately
- Meeting regularly with medical staff to discuss client treatment
- Providing assessments of medical problems
- Performing primary first aid and determining need for physician notification
- Meeting with each client, completing a daily assessment, taking vital signs and administering all prescription medication
- Responsibility for carrying out any orders received from the physician and psychiatrist, and reporting information to the Nurse Administrator, Program Director and Facility
- Contributing insightful, practical, and meaningful information to the treatment planning process
- Directing residents in a clear, concise, and informative matter
- Understanding the therapeutic process and confidentiality laws, and having strong knowledge of professional ethics
- Demonstrating leadership abilities, with an ability to communicate with persons from all educational and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrating tact, initiative, resourcefulness, a professional manner, enthusiasm, and a non-judgmental attitude
· On call responsibilities as needed
For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at discoverymood.com
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Experience working in behavioral healthcare
- Registered or licensed with appropriate state governing body
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/Imprint