Sr HR Business Partner - #740503
Elbit Systems of America
Date: 01/14/2022 19:00 PM
City: Merrimack, New Hampshire
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
As the Sr HR Business Partner (Sr HRBP) to our Engineering organization, you will be responsible for aligning business objectives with the employees and management of ESA’s Engineering organization. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to Engineering management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The Sr HRBP maintains a high level of business literacy about Engineering’s budget, its midrange plans/objectives, its culture and its competition for talent.
- This position will have one HRBP reporting to them.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective departments.
- Consults with management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops offer letter terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on assigned functional group restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for functional groups and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- 6-8 years of HR experience required
- 3-4 years of experience with consultative or business partner experience
- Experience supporting an engineering or technical organization is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- PHR or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential is preferred.
As a contractor to the U.S. federal government, all Elbit Systems of America employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As a result, full vaccination is required for this position unless you are legally entitled to an accommodation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.