Diet Technician - Eating Disorder, Outpatient - #740504
Discovery Behavioral Health
Date: 01/14/2022 19:00 PM
City: Glendale, California
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Who is Discovery Behavioral Health?
Discovery Behavioral Health (DBH) is a national leader in behavioral healthcare and one of the fastest growing companies in the field. DBH offers world-class treatment for those struggling with eating, mental health, and substance use disorders, and places a high priority on seeking employees who share our passion for improving the lives we serve.
Since 1997, Center for Discovery, DBH’s eating disorder division, has helped thousands of patients discover their path to the full and rewarding lives they deserve with evidence-based and inclusive treatment options.
Our Offer to You!
We are dedicated to empowering our clinicians with their professional and personal development by providing:
· 401(k) with company match
· Healthcare benefits
· Vacation and sick days
· Employee referral program
· Employee discounts to various stores, amusement parks, events, etc.
· Training in best practices for telehealth
· Continuing education (CE) programs and training
· Weekly training opportunities
· Advancement opportunities within the organization
Job Description for Diet Technician
- Provide dietary support, client menu planning, maintenance of a secure and encouraging mealtime, advising on food preparation as necessary, and appropriately discerning between appropriate and inappropriate client eating behaviors
- Consult with the Registered Dietitian to ensure implementation of the best standard of nutrition and dietary services
- Monitor client consumption of appropriate exchange pattern
- Enforce dietary program and advise clients appropriately on food choices
- Ability to lead appropriate and relevant nutrition education groups that are engaging and appropriate
- Demonstrate understanding of the medical consequences of eating disorders, the hazards of re-feeding and how to avoid complications
- Ability to implement specific dietary exchange patterns through knowledge of portion size and caloric recommendations set by the Registered Dietitian
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with staff and clients
This is a part-time position that will work 7:30a-3:30p or 11:00a-7:00p. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at centerfordiscovery.com.
- Education or relevant experience in the field of nutrition and/or food service
- Experience working in behavioral healthcare
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/Imprint