IT QA Analyst - #740515
Date: 01/14/2022 19:00 PM
City: Memphis, Tennessee
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Software Development group creates and supports customer-facing software applications and solutions. The department applies best practices and innovative technology to stakeholder and business issues to find solutions that maximize investment value.
This position has the responsibility to assure/validate that the software tools and applications developed by the software development group function as specified and meet or exceed the requirements and expectations of the end-use customer. These customers include both internal and external users. This position also utilizes regression techniques to ensure comprehensive system quality.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates test cases and scripts to expose defects with the software of high technical complexity developed by the software development group.
- Performs formal integration and regression testing on systems of high technical complexity and works with the software development team to ensure a quality solution is delivered.
- Communicates clearly in both written and verbal communications the specific test results and any appropriate actions suggested.
- Proactively researches, learns and applies new testing technology and or methods to perform testing and other software quality activities.
- Leads and assists others in testing activities for specific projects or applications
- Independently creates and executes test automation
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
Associate's Degree or equivalent experience.
5 years professional software quality assurance experience writing and executing functional and regression testing
3 years of experience writing scripts for automated software testing tools
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years professional QA experience writing and executing functional and regression testing.
- 5+ years of experience writing scripts for automated software testing tools.
- 1 year professional experience offering guidance to other QA professionals.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.