Store Associate/Cashier - #740555
Date: 01/14/2022 19:30 PM
City: Jackson, New Jersey
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Retail Store Associates play a meaningful role within the CVS Health family. At CVS Health, we’re shaping the future of health care for people, businesses, and communities. With your talents and expertise, you can help us play a more active and supportive role in each person’s unique healthcare needs. Join our team of thousands as we positively impact millions…one customer at a time.
The Retail Store Associate position provides an opportunity, in a leading retail setting, to excel in a growing, high impact, customer focused role, working both independently and as a member of a team, to positively impact the lives of others.
- Providing differentiated customer service by anticipating customer needs, demonstrating compassion and care in all interactions, and actively identifying and resolving potential service issues
- Focusing on the customer by giving a warm and friendly greeting, maintaining eye contact and offering help locating additional items, when needed
- Accurately perform cashier duties - handling cash, checks and credit card transactions with precision while following company policies and procedures
- Maintaining the sales floor by restocking shelves, checking in vendors, updating pricing information and completing inventory management tasks as directed by store manager
- Supporting opening and closing store activities, when needed
- Providing customer support to all departments, including photo and beauty, ensuring departments are fully stocked and operational while remaining current with all updated services and tools
- Assisting pharmacy personnel when needed, including working regular shifts in the pharmacy as part of opportunities for growth and career development
- Embracing and advocating for new CVS services and loyalty programs that support our purpose of helping people on their path to better health
- At least 16 years of age
- Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Lifting and exerting up to 35 lbs of force occasionally, up to 10 lbs of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force regularly to move objects to and from, including overhead lifting
- Visual Acuity - Having close visual acuity to perform activities such as: viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts/details
- Previous experience in a retail or customer service setting
- High School diploma or equivalent
Why CVS Health?
CVS Health is the leading health solutions company that delivers care in ways no one else can. We help people navigate the health care system — and their personal health care — by improving access, lowering costs and being a trusted partner for every meaningful moment of health. And we do it all with heart, each and every day. As a CVS Health colleague, you will have a positive impact on millions of people's lives and inspire healthy behaviors in your community.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Location: 890 Bennetts Mills Road, Jackson Township, New Jersey 08527
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $15.00 per week