Corrosion Control Technician - #740565
Date: 01/14/2022 20:00 PM
City: Cape Canaveral, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CORROSION CONTROL TECHNICIAN
The Corrosion Control Technician is responsible for launch pad applications of various coating systems for asset protection. The technician will comply with quality corrosion expectations, identifying/removing/treating corrosion, and preparation of components for painting.
- Sand blast to acceptable industry standards; brush blast, commercial blast, and near white blast
- Set up and use a conventional spray gun, pressure pot, pressure washer, airless paint sprayer pump and gun
- Safely operate spray coating equipment to industrial and commercial standards
- Safely operate air tools, pressure feed tanks, and power tools to remove all loose mill scale, loose rust, loose paint, and other loose detrimental foreign matter by power wire brushing, power sanding, power grinding, power tool chipping, and power tool descaling
- Brush and roll industrial and commercial coatings
- Perform corrosion control on carbon steel/ stainless steel using pneumatic air tools, needle guns, and scalers
- Safely operate aerial platforms, forklifts, and heavy equipment
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of industrial corrosion control experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of industrial painting experience
- Experience with NACE, MSDS, and EPA regulation codes or industry standards
- Understanding of heavy equipment safety standards
- Familiarity with paint processes and applications
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and work effectively in a high pace environment
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently or in a team environment and willing to learn
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Ability to wear and obtain certification in the wearing of an air respirator
- Able to lift up to 35 lbs. unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Able to work at elevated heights (up to 300 feet), including the use of ladder
- Willing to operate heavy machinery
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain, ice
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.