Global Director, Telecom OSS Solutions - #740579
Date: 01/14/2022 20:30 PM
City: Santa Clara, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
To propel our next phase of growth, ServiceNow is investing in a Telecommunications, Media and Technology Global Vertical Solutions and Go-To-Market organization. We’re building a team of entrepreneurial and collaborative individuals who are passionate about the opportunity to transform these industries leveraging ServiceNow’s powerful digital workflow platform.
Join a team that will fundamentally re-shape the Telecom OSS sector, helping leading telecom companies transform their operations support systems, as well as work with the most disruptive partners in the world. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations, and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a Global Director, Telecom OSS Solutions to join our Global Vertical organization. The ideal candidate is a telecom OSS industry expert with knowledge of the pain points, business processes, system landscapes, and solutions, of a telecom company, especially in terms of network operations, inventory management and service assurance domains. S/he has a point of view on how operational transformation can differentiate the employee and customer experience in this sector. S/he has experience building, launching and selling OSS enterprise software solutions for the telecom industry. And s/he is passionate storyteller with the ability to communicate an innovative OSS vision and roadmap for the telecom industry.
This role will serve as ServiceNow’s thought leader for the telecom industry. The Global Director, Telecom OSS Solutions will collaborate with customers and partners to co-develop industry solutions, work closely with the Sales, Marketing and Partner organizations to bring solutions to market, build trusted relationships with customer executives, and support account teams on strategic planning and sales opportunities.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated ability in the following key areas:
1) Industry Experience: 12+ years working in or selling into telecom companies in an OSS subject matter expert, business development, business consulting, project manager, product marketing, solution consulting, or similar capacity. Familiarity with operational processes and the landscape and patterns of the core systems of a telecom company, preferably in OSS.
2) Solution Development: Proven track record of collaborating with internal domain experts, customers and partners to create industry-specific solutions and solution content for technology organizations. Demonstrated ability to determine repeatable industry use cases, understand technology ecosystem, craft compelling positioning and identify areas of opportunity based on total addressable market.
3) Strategic Planning: Ability to create and drive the global OSS strategic business plan with clear pathways to revenue targets. Ability to provide management insight and understanding on the different sub-verticals of the telecom industry and identify the ideal target segments for ServiceNow. History of being accountable to solution revenue and pipeline goals.
4) Solution Sales Success: Passion for and track record of collaborating with global sales teams (Account Executives, Solution Consultants, Product Sales) as a trusted advisor to seed and develop strategic opportunities based on industry solutions. Experience enabling Sales on the telecom industry message, solutions and resources available, developing high touch and at-scale sales programs, and partnering with global sales teams to seed and advance strategic solution-based opportunities.
5) Cross-Functional Execution: Proven ability to generate results in a highly matrixed organization, collaborating with Sales, Pre-Sales, Marketing, Sales Enablement, and Alliances organizations around a common Technology industry strategy.
6) Content Development: Demonstrated ability to create and distribute internal and external content, such as sales enablement, industry thought leadership, solutions, and customer stories to drive awareness and ServiceNow’s growth in the telecom industry.
7) Customer Engagement: Ability to present to large customer audiences and build credibility with CxOs.
● 12+ years of experience working in or selling into the Telecom industry, with deep knowledge of operational business processes, preferably in the operational support systems domain
● Ideal candidates would have leadership experience at a telecom company (business or IT), have sold and delivered OSS digital transformation projects as a System Integrator, OR have product marketing or presales leadership background at an OSS software vendor that sells into the telecom sector.
● Business application software product marketing, sales or delivery experience is preferred over infrastructure experience
● Self-starter with demonstrated leadership experience
● Understanding of key repeatable industry use cases in telecom OSS
● Strong communication and writing skills. Top notch public speaking
● Experience creating captivating industry positioning and thought leadership
● Ability to develop trusted advisor relationships with customers and sales organizations
● Superior organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
● Familiarity with ServiceNow and/or the digital workflow technology market
● Ability to thrive in a super-fast paced, constantly evolving company
● Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. MBA or related Master’s Degree is a plus.
● Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.