Youth Associate (Part - Time / Temporary) - #740584
Date: 01/14/2022 20:30 PM
City: North Highlands, California
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
World Relief is a unique and invigorating place to work. We are looking for talented, ambitious and collaborative people to come alongside our mission, vision and values as we partner with churches to empower the most vulnerable in the world. We hope these resources provide more insight into your hiring journey with us.
The Youth Associate will work with Children and Youth (C&Y) team to develop and implement current and new programming for refugee and immigrant youth across elementary school and high schools. The position will work daily with World Relief staff to guide and lead students through various after school programs, including Welcome Club, tutoring, Social-Emotional learning activities, and other leadership related topics. The Youth Associate will also coordinate with local schools, clients, and staff, to provide services, resources, and logical support for enrolled families. The position will assist with volunteer onboarding, training, and follow up communication, in addition to completing necessary paperwork for public-funded programs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A successful Youth Associate will:
- Ensure all WRS guidelines are being implemented and followed according to program standards and volunteer care expectations
- Plan and prepare daily programs
- Communicate with, onboard, and lead volunteers
- Input and upload data into corresponding trackers and Dynamics database
- Daily cross-cultural communication, ability to command a group of students and lead a classroom through social emotional learning designed curriculums
- Request and purchase necessary materials for department activities and submit proper documentation
- Understand and effectively implement referral guidelines and processes
- Participate in training and contribute to ongoing improvements WRS
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently
- Success in managing competing priorities
- Ability to manage time, documents, and priorities effectively
- Comfortable and confident communicating in cross cultural settings with various learning styles and English proficiencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel) and various online platforms
- Collaborates in a timely and appropriate manner with all stakeholders
- Specific ability to adapt and overcome obstacles
- Operate in fast pace environment
- Knowledge of World Relief
- Confidentiality and professionalism
- Mature and personal Christian faith
- Committed to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief
- Desire to serve and empower the Church to impact vulnerable communities
- Preferred degree in child development, social work, related studies or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years' experience working cross culturally with youth
- CPR and first aid certified
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
- The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information
- The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear
- General office setting
- Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in skype meetings may be required
- Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending
- Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
- Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
Temporary Benefits depending on their local office:
World Relief offers:
- Sick Leave (Washington, City of Chicago, Maryland, California)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
World Relief Discounts (Immediately Eligible):
- Pet Insurance through Nationwide
- Home and Auto insurance through Liberty Mutual
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For World Relief staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief is essential, and Christian faith is a prerequisite for employment, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Legal Background in the United States
World Relief is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. This means that we conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of World Relief as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs, so that all staff share the same religious commitment.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with World Relief’s Statement of Faith.