Strategic Initiatives Director, Visa Transformation Office - #740593
Date: 01/14/2022 21:00 PM
City: Foster City, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Transformation Office initial priorities include building on the Reimagine Work to:
- Optimize product management and delivery practices in the lines of business (Core, New Payment Flows, VAS) establishing greater accountability, better ideation, and utilizing strong input from our Clients (Voice of Customer - VOC) while providing full transparency into roadmaps and rationale and more clearly defined prioritization.
- Enable Visa to scale for growth, better capture Voice of Customer, react faster to client needs, and move more quickly from identifying opportunities to execution.
- Increase our time-to-market, speed to scale, and empowerment/decision making by accelerating the recommendation for e2e Process and driving broader mindset and behavior change at scale.
Business Objective and Scope of Role
The Director, Transformation Office Strategic Initiatives will be responsible for leading the up-front planning and subsequent execution of multiple large-scale and complex strategic initiatives that support Visa’s overall Transformation agenda. This includes management of all aspects of the strategic programs across scope, schedule, and budget components such as program management, financial planning & tracking, and governance & oversight responsibilities. This position interacts with a wide range of stakeholders, including Technology, Product, Finance, Risk, HR, Client Services, etc. This position will report to the Vice President, Transformation Head of Operations.
Key Competencies for Success in the Role
Provide end-to-end program management, technical integration, and cross-functional execution of large-scale, high visibility strategic transformation initiative
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to drive key transformation program activities:
- Manage program risks and issues
- Develop integration plans across in-scope functional areas
- Interact with executive management on program updates and decision making
- Track program budgets, forecasts, schedules, and timelines
- Oversee the day-to-day aspects of key initiatives, including overall management of scope, schedule, and financial aspects of multiple, concurrent initiatives.
- Role model agile and adaptive mindset and provide leadership, coaching, and program-level guidance to cross-functional teams and stakeholders; direct and oversee deliverables across multiple workstreams.
- Demonstrated skills in conflict management and negotiation to achieve program goals and develop trust with stakeholders.
- Manage through influence, but without direct management authority including the ability to challenge the status quo with all levels within the organization. Use capabilities to influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations.
- Measuring quantitative goals around business outcomes and transformation progress.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD; Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 10-12 years of experience delivering complex, cross-functional programs; experience in financial and/or technology industries a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated strategic ability to solve complex global cross-functional issues exercising critical thinking and sound judgment.
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD; Masters or MBA in a relevant field a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and/or solutions to multiple organizational levels, in a highly matrixed organization, internally and externally as needed.
- Experience in workforce planning and/or strategic location analysis a plus.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies, and best practices.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Process improvement experience required. PMP, Certified Scrum Master, Lean Six Sigma, or similar certification a plus but not required.
This position is open to locations in Austin, TX, Atlanta, GA, and the Bay Area.
Additional InformationVisa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.