R&D- Technician II - #740594
Date: 01/14/2022 21:00 PM
City: Warrensville Heights, Ohio
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show! Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Independently performs basic tasks as outlined by manager with progress and results checked regularly.
Technical and Professional Knowledge
- Accountable for routine experiments, recording results, and demonstrating basic knowledge of raw materials and basic equipment/computing tools to capture and record data. Has familiarity with scientific principles, products and/or processes.
- Recognizes routine requirements and selects the proper, simple procedures for obtaining desired results to solve problems
- Follows manufacturer’s specifications
- Leads individual or group projects and begins to draw conclusions
- Creates update reports
- Designs, executes, and plans projects
- Completes proper forms
- Organizes time efficiently
- Seeks assistance on setting priorities for scheduling
- May require coaching from supervisor or mentor
Safety and Quality
- Ensures Safety, Housekeeping, and ISO practices are followed.
- Maintains certification on and follows quality standards, such as ITMs and ICMs
- Actively seeks to reduce risk through corrective action of unsafe practices.
- Correctly documents lab results and technical information and maintains an up-to-date electronic lab notebook and/or project folder per ISO standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Two semesters of General Chemistry and two semesters of Organic Chemistry
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels of technical experience
- Basic knowledge of statistics and data analysis
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Previous experience in a lab
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.