Solar Procurement Analyst - #740605
Apex Clean Energy
Date: 01/14/2022 21:00 PM
City: Charlottesville, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex Clean Energy is seeking a Solar Procurement Analyst to join our Procurement Team. The solar procurement analyst will be responsible for supporting Apex’s growth in solar and storage by accelerating the shift to clean energy. This role will ensure project teams are up to date on current policies affecting the solar and storage industry and successfully implementing supply chain management. The Solar Procurement Analyst will report to directly to the Director of Procurement in Apex’s Project Management Department and works closely with our engineers and managers.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role or function and bring knowledge of renewable energy systems, solar module experience, project management processes, and construction management processes. Knowledge of renewable energy photovoltaic and battery storage systems is highly desirable. Experience with project execution processes are essential.
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Exempt
- Department: Project Management
- Travel: 10%
- Office Location: Headquarters in Charlottesville, VA
- Develop and grow supplier relationships with major equipment suppliers in the renewable energy industry
- Execute procurement strategies for module and storage equipment
- Assists the procurement team by qualifying suppliers to ensure that they comply with Apex’s corporate policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with Project Management, Development, Energy Storage and other departments to successfully tender requests for proposals and manage equipment procurement activities.
- Evaluate project, consultant, and equipment proposals.
- Provide feedback to the Project Management department and consultants/vendors.
- Support the project execution process on solar & storage projects.
- Regular analysis and updating current solar market conditions internally
- Assist in tendering, evaluating, and contracting solar and storage equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline from a university or college
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with project execution processes
- Knowledge of the procurement process and experience negotiating contracts
- Knowledge of renewable energy systems, engineering principles, project management processes, and construction management processes
- Experience with energy storage systems, solar and wind farms is highly desirable,
- Fundamental understanding of effective document control
- Solid and effective interpersonal and communication skills and strong ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally
- Strong organizational and time management skills; acute awareness and ability to manage to numerous deadlines
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Project
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Ability to adapt to market changes and respond effectively to team demands
- Demonstrated independent thinking, initiative, and creativity
- Location: Willing and able to work from our Headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia
- All employees hired after August 1, 2021 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
Works primarily traditional office hours in an indoor office environment. Flexible work hours allowed when work duties and business operations permit.
How You’ll Grow
At Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What Apex Can Offer You
At Apex Clean Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of benefits.
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences, and uniqueness
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.