Deli Clerk - #740619
Brookshire Grocery Company
Date: 01/14/2022 21:00 PM
City: Camden, Arkansas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Brookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three states – Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas – with three distribution centers and a corporate office. BGC prides itself on offering its partners one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry which includes medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, paid time off, stock ownership, a 401k retirement plan, incentive plans, employee discounts, educational scholarships, and access to BGC’s 205-acre outdoor recreation area.
Ensures hot and cold deli foods are prepared according to Company standards. Promotes customer service by taking and filling customer order requests and maintaining attractive product presentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists deli personnel with slicing, weighing, packaging, labeling, and preparing hot and cold deli food.
- Adheres to quality control and food safety standards by stocking and rotating deli products.
- Stacks pallets and sorts product into correct locations according to Company efficiency standards and expectations.
- Provides friendly and customer-service-oriented attitude by greeting customers, answering questions and taking orders by phone and in person.
- Promotes product sales through use of suggestive selling initiatives.
- Maintains clean, safe and sanitary working and shopping environment by adhering to Company safety procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn new systems, methods, or processes.
- Ability to read and operate digital equipment, meters, dials, and/or calibrated scales.
- Ability to safely operate hazardous tools and equipment such as a slicer, etc.
- Ability to safely operate and maintain department equipment.
- Ability to safely work with objects with sharp edges such as a meat slicer, knives, box cutters, etc.
- Ability to use non-precision and precision hand tools.
- Ability to work well with fellow partners and promote a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and partners in written and verbal form
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Minimum of 18 years of age required.
- Typically involves on-the-job training.
- Food Handler certification required.
- Continuously required to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception or the ability to focus.
- Continuously required to stand or walk.
- Continuously required to use hands for reaching, touching or handling.
- Continuously required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use fine finger movements (ex. sorting and typing) or strenuous finger or hand movements.
- Frequently required to bend, kneel, squat, or stoop.
- Frequently required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 40 lbs.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 75 lbs.
- Attendance at work is required.
Work Context and Environment
- Work is generally performed in a retail store.
- Frequently exposed to extreme cold conditions (non-weather).
- Frequently exposed to extreme heat conditions (non-weather).
- Frequently exposed to wet, slippery or damp conditions.
- Frequently exposed to equipment with sharp blades or edges.
- Frequently exposed to cleaning agents.
- Quiet to moderate noise level.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or military status and any other trait protected by law.