LVN/LPN, Mental Health - Residential - $1,000 Sign on Bonus - #740620
Discovery Behavioral Health
Date: 01/14/2022 21:00 PM
City: Annandale, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Discovery Behavioral Health (DBH) is a national leader in behavioral healthcare and one of the fastest growing companies in the field. DBH offers world-class treatment for those struggling with eating disorders, mental health, and substance use and places a high priority on seeking employees who share our passion for improving the lives we serve.
Since 1997, Discovery Mood and Anxiety Programs, DBH’s Mental Health Disorder Division, has helped thousands of patients discover their path to the full and rewarding lives they deserve with evidence-based and inclusive treatment options.
Our Offer to You!
We are dedicated to empowering our clinicians with their professional and personal development by providing:
- 401(k) with company match
- Healthcare benefits
- Vacation and sick days
- Employee referral program
- Employee discounts to various stores, amusement parks, events, etc.
- Continuing Education (CE) programs and training
- Supervision hours
- Networking opportunities and development of professional relations
- Weekly training opportunities
- Advancement opportunities within the organization
The LVN/LPN is responsible for assisting and supporting residents through the entire treatment experience from admission through discharge. The LVN is responsible for communicating observations and insights to the treatment team (i.e. therapists, dietitian, psychiatrist, pediatrician and facility administrator) to ensure the team is comprehensively addressing each client’s issues. The LVN introduces each new client to his/her fellow residents and the treatment staff, and orients each client to the rules, expectations, and routine of the daily treatment schedule.
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in treatment team meetings.
- Follows and implements the Nursing Care Plan.
- Follows orders from physician and psychiatrist.
- Dispenses medication as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician notification.
- Performs weekly blood draws and vitals.
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and operational nursing station.
- Manages client’s medical needs including schedule appointments, complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical treatments and tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission processes. This may include checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program and milieu.
- Supervises and supports clients on community outings, when necessary.
- Objectively and accurately documents client progress on a daily basis.
- Assesses clients suicidality and possibility of danger to self or others.
- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers for continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and discharge, including the use of Discovery Connect.
- On call responsibilities as needed
We have FT and PT positions available. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at discoverymood.com.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Experience working in behavioral healthcare
- Registered or licensed with appropriate state governing body
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/Imprint