Primary Therapist, Mental Health - Outpatient - #740632
Discovery Behavioral Health
Date: 01/14/2022 21:00 PM
City: Fairfax, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Discovery Behavioral Health (DBH) is a national leader in behavioral healthcare and one of the fastest growing companies in the field. DBH offers world-class treatment for those struggling with eating disorders, mental health, and substance use and places a high priority on seeking employees who share our passion for improving the lives we serve.
Since 1997, Discovery Mood and Anxiety Programs, DBH’s Mental Health Disorder Division, has helped thousands of patients discover their path to the full and rewarding lives they deserve with evidence-based and inclusive treatment options.
Our Offer to You!
We are dedicated to empowering our clinicians with their professional and personal development by providing:
- 401(k) with company match
- Healthcare benefits
- Vacation and sick days
- Employee referral program
- Employee discounts to various stores, amusement parks, events, etc.
- Resources to obtain certification in EMDR, CBT Trauma Focused therapies
- Support for pursuing multi-state licensure
- Continuing Education (CE) programs and training
- Supervision hours
- Networking opportunities and development of professional relations
- Weekly training opportunities
- Advancement opportunities within the organization
The Primary Therapist is a therapeutic guide, journeying with the clients on their road to recovery, from admission through discharge. The Primary Therapist provides clinical assessments and contributes insightful, practical and meaningful information to the development of treatment plans. He/she orients new clients to the treatment program and makes introductions to the staff and other program participants. Each Primary Therapist carries a caseload and provides clinical treatment in the form of, but not limited to, individual, family and group counseling. As a member of the treatment team, the Primary Therapist meets weekly in collaborative fashion with the rest of the team to discuss cases. Licensed clinicians (Psychologist, LMFT, LCSW, LPC, etc.) and registered associates must possess knowledge of mental health conditions, dual diagnosis, and/or chemical dependency.
- Collaborates with Clinical Manager, Program Coordinator, Executive Director and other professional staff to help develop a comprehensive program of therapy, evaluation, and treatment
- Facilitation of clinical groups
- Ensure documentation timeframes follow state and payer requirements
- Attends weekly treatment team or clinical meetings
- Serves as a liaison with multidisciplinary treatment team
- Participates in company training, webinars, and related meetings
- Knowledge and adherence to HIPAA privacy rules
- Any other job-related responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
- On call responsibilities as needed
This is a full time, 11 AM - 7 PM position. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at discoverymood.com.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field
- Experience working in behavioral healthcare
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/Imprint