Sanitor - #740636
Frito-Lay North America
Date: 01/14/2022 21:00 PM
City: Bridgeview, Illinois
Salary: $1,928 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Quaker Oats, part of PepsiCo, is looking for a Sanitor to work in our fast-paced 24-hour operating manufacturing environment. The Sanitor is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and orderliness in accordance with plant guidelines and specification and ensures compliance with federal, local, and state sanitation regulations
Quaker is a progressive employer, utilizing high perform work systems focused on driving results through organization development. We are looking for engaged individuals that will be dedicated to safety and teamwork. It takes teamwork for a facility to run smoothly, so you can expect to work weekends and holidays with the rest of the team. We also offer unbeatable benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement savings benefits including 401(k) with company contribution, vacation days and much more
Job Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness within the assigned departments or general plant areas
- Ensure cleaning is done thoroughly in assigned areas, which could include drains, wash stations, collecting or sending samples or setting, retrieving and analyzing pest traps
- Complete all necessary paperwork in a timely manner, including maintaining records, data collection and maintaining MSS as needed
- Input data into computers using software
- Work with other team members to ensure objectives are being met, including providing assistance to other areas within department as needed or providing training to other sanitation employees.
- Maintain a high standard of good housekeeping in assigned area, making sure all GMP requirements are met
- Maintain training qualifications and demonstrate competencies needed for department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a general knowledge of PC's, excellent communication, interpersonal, training, teaming, and problem-solving skills
- Must have basic math, analytical and technical skills.
- Must work effectively in a team environment which requires continued development of new skills, continued drive for productivity and process improvements, self-direction, and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Must be able to work any shift in any department, including an alternative 12-hour work schedule, weekends, and holidays.
- Regular predictive attendance is required
- Must be able to work over 40 hours a week
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of working in a manufacturing environment including, but not limited to, excessive heat, dust, and noise
- Must have the ability to lift moderately heavy weights (up to 50 pounds)
- Must be willing to comply with grooming/sanitation requirements
Join the 2,500 Quaker associates that work hard to bring you the snacks you love by submitting your application today
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.