Meat Wrapper - #740643
Brookshire Grocery Company
Date: 01/14/2022 21:30 PM
City: Bridgeport, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Brookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three states – Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas – with three distribution centers and a corporate office. BGC prides itself on offering its partners one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry which includes medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, paid time off, stock ownership, a 401k retirement plan, incentive plans, employee discounts, educational scholarships, and access to BGC’s 205-acre outdoor recreation area.
Prepares meat products by weighing, wrapping and labeling; ensures market and seafood display cases are kept full, rotated, and fresh with prepackaged meats; as well as promotes customer service
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares processed meat for display by properly packaging and labeling products. Ensures correct product pricing and display signage according to sale ads.
- Adheres to quality control and food safety standards by stocking and rotating market products. Ensures that coolers and freezers are organized according to Company guidelines. Adheres to all governmental product origin labeling.
- Makes judgments about texture, color, and aroma to inspect product for freshness
- Promotes product sales through use of suggestive selling initiatives
- Stacks pallets and sorts product into correct locations according to Company efficiency standards and expectations.
- Provides friendly and customer service-oriented attitude by greeting customers, answering questions, and fulfilling customer requests.
- Maintains clean, safe and sanitary working and shopping environment by adhering to Company safety procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and operate digital equipment, meters, dials, and/or calibrated scales.
- Ability to safely operate and maintain department equipment.
- Ability to use precision and non-precision hand tools
- Ability to operate a manual or electric pallet jack.
- Ability to safely operate hazardous tools and equipment such as a bailer, etc.
- Ability to work with objects with sharp edges such as knives, box cutters, etc
- Ability to work well with fellow partners and promote a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate (in written and verbal form) with customers and partners
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Minimum of 18 years of age required.
- One or more years of related experience preferred
- Typically involves on-the-job training.
- Food Handler certification required.
- Continuously required to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception or the ability to focus.
- Continuously required to stand or walk.
- Continuously required to use hands for reaching, touching or handling.
- Frequently required to bend, kneel, squat, or stoop.
- Frequently required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 75 lbs.
- Attendance at work is required.
Work Context and Environment
- Work is generally performed in a retail store.
- Frequently exposed to extreme cold conditions (non-weather).
- Frequently exposed to wet, slippery or damp conditions.
- Frequently exposed to cleaning agents.
- Frequently exposed to equipment with sharp blades or edges
- Moderate to loud noise level.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or military status and any other trait protected by law.