HRIS Analyst - #740664
Northern Quest Resort & Casino
Date: 01/14/2022 22:00 PM
City: Airway Heights, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The HRIS Analyst is responsible for supporting human resource programs, processes, and projects through maintenance and monitoring of the human resource information systems. This position also organizes and analyzes human resources data to enable data-driven decision making. Using modern business intelligence tools and data visualization techniques, the HRIS Analyst will build and provide analytics. This position requires a balanced contribution of analytical skills, problem solving, report developing, and communication skills. They will support the business by performing the following duties: system administration, data analysis, data auditing tasks, data mining, data integration, understanding business processes, and creating effective dashboard tools. They will also work with other departments and third-party vendors to extract, transform, cleanse, validate, load, and model data from a variety of data sources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Load, manipulate, audit, and report on data in the HR system and make complex mass changes, conversions, or other direct data updates to HR and other tools. Establish and monitor processes to implement new or revised processes to improve data integrity and promote the consistent use of HR data.
- Configure, support, and optimize the design, development, and performance of the HRIS core business processes, security maintenance, data loads, integrations, and upgrades as well as assist with other People Systems.
- Develop complex SQL queries, procedures, functions, and views for reporting and analytic needs.
- Build and maintain the extract, transformation and load (ETL) processes for company data and analytics systems.
- Develop data pipelines to disparate sources of data using a variety of means including APIs, XML, custom coding, etc.
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation to support design and ongoing maintenance of integrations.
- Define, design and develop analytical reports from various BI applications, incorporating KPIs introduced by business leadership, and other data specifications.
- Synthesize unstructured, disjointed information into meaningful, compelling narratives that facilitate and promote self-learning by business users.
- Develop and implement new processes and systems for efficient HR management.
- Manages permissions, access, personalization, and similar system operations and settings for HRIS users.
- Manages system tables, making updates as needed.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and guidance to HRIS users.
- Functional consulting with HR and other stakeholders. Interact with HR and other departments to understand current and future demands, identify best practice processes and technologies to meet those needs, and successfully deploy and support solutions that will serve immediate and long term HR needs.
- Act as an escalation point for end-users who are experiencing difficulties in using these systems. Research and identify the root causes for problems and own their resolution, which may require interaction with IT, HR, Payroll, Accounting, or a third-party vendor.
- Act as project manager on assigned projects.
- Retain informed about current and emerging technologies and their application within HR.
- Attend periodic trainings to maintain levels of proficiency.
- Provide direction, knowledge, and support to other team members when needed.
- May be required to be a panelist for internal review boards.
- Ensure control and protection of company assets.
- Be responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular good attendance record.
- Be available and willing to work any changes in hours deemed necessary for business levels.
- Ensure compliance with:
- the Kalispel Tribe of Indians-State of Washington Gaming Compact
- All KTOI, KTEA and NQRC policies, procedures and internal controls
- NIGC Regulations
- Other relevant governance requirements (PCI DSS, HIPAA, etc.)
- Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in mathematics, economics, finance, statistics, business, computer science, or engineering, or at least 5 years of training or experience in lieu of this degree in the following areas:
- Has worked in a Business Analyst role for a business/organization.
- Knowledge of BI reporting tools, such as Tableau, PowerBI, SSRS, or other.
- Writing reports with tools such as Crystal Reports, Cognos, Excel, SQL, and HTML.
- Working in a Business unit such as Accounting, HR, Hospitality, Purchasing, or etc.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as SQL, XML, HTML, DAX, JSON, C#.
- Experience with data management, quantitative and analytical skills including data manipulation, statistical analysis, and visualization.
- Working knowledge of information systems, data integration, data-reporting and business intelligence analysis tools required; specifically preferred:
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Integration Services
- Tableau Software’s data visualization tools
- Power BI data visualization tools
- UKG Pro HRMS
- Informatica Cloud Data Integration (iPaaS)
- Ability to draw conclusions and inferences effectively from large and varied sets of information.
- Ability to understand and document business and administrative processes.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, verbally and in writing (including writing reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on projects independently and also in a group setting.
- Advance knowledge of compute applications MS Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Skill in solving practical problems and dealing with situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to protect and maintain confidentiality of Human Resources and company data.
- Ability to reason from limited information and identify and solve practical problems under high-pressure conditions.
- Ability to take data from disparate sources across the enterprise and synthesize into meaningful business insights.
- Ability to troubleshoot data integrity problems and provide technical support as needed.
- Ability to deal with conflicts and tense situations in a professional manner
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations
- Tribal license from the Kalispel Tribal Gaming Agency.