Machine Operator I's ($21/hr) & II's ($22/hr+) - #740696
Date: 01/14/2022 23:00 PM
City: Leola, Pennsylvania
Salary: $21 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Assist with set-up and operate high-speed process equipment. Operate different machines, and ensure the equipment is working efficiently and producing quality products.
- Follow and commit to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service requirements
- Follow practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards
- Follow and commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Assist with setting up, starting, adjusting, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and properly shutting down process equipment in accordance with published production schedules and product specifications.
- Assist with process machinery from raw materials through downstream finished goods
- Perform general preventative maintenance on equipment (i.e. fill lube lines, lube chain rails, grease guns, etc.) as required
- Maintain production logs and reports as required
- Promptly notify the Maintenance Department of any maintenance required
- Notify supervisor of significant deviations from normal operating conditions
- Perform back-up Inspector Packer responsibilities during break and lunch periods
- Perform production process in SAP as required
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal Level I candidate must possess all of the following:
- Math skills to include simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Familiar with and ability to convert decimals to fractions or vice versa
- Basic mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot basic problems including knowledge of machines and tools, their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Ability to observe, follow, understand, and evaluate processes demonstrated and other workplace procedures
- Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and ongoing communications about safety and quality issues
- Ability to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as needed
Preferred Skills and Qualifications for Level I's:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Six (6) months machine operations experience
- Technical school or apprenticeship experience
- Previous powered industrial truck experience
Applicants with more experience will also be considered for Machine Operator II positions, as they are also available in our Leola and Lancaster facilities. The experience requirement for external Level II's is 2 years.
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
Dart Container is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are subject to a drug test (excluding THC*/marijuana/cannabis) and background check at the time of offer.
- THC testing ONLY when such testing is required by law.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (800) 545-3278 Ext 3370 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (800) 545-3278 Ext 3390 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.