Irrigation Assistant - #740725
Kiawah Island Community Association
Date: 01/14/2022 23:30 PM
City: Kiawah Island, South Carolina
Salary: $14 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Competitive pay + robust benefits
- $14 base pay, eligible for overtime
- 2 great health benefit plans to choose from, one option is FREE for employee only coverage!
- Dental, vision, accident, critical illness, and supplemental life insurance coverages available
- $25K life insurance, short-term, long-term disability, and employee assistance program provided at no cost to employee
- HSA employer contribution
- Paid holidays and accrued time-off
- 401k contribution match, immediate vesting after 1 year
- Uniforms provided (if applicable)
- Wellness benefits pay for COVID vaccination, fitness reimbursement, smartwatch contribution, and more!
- Access to pristine beaches, on-island fishing, biking trails, etc.
This is a full-time position with stable hours, even during rainy weeks . Crews work Monday - Friday from 7:00am until 3:30pm.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To assist with the on-site maintenance and repair service for all KICA irrigation systems.
- Assist with the monitoring of Water Conservation Program to include water costs and control of water consumption.
- Position may also include other landscape related duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintenance and repair for all irrigation systems owned by KICA.
- Ensures adherence to irrigation schedules.
- Ensures that work is properly performed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Adheres to the irrigation technicians priority schedule.
- Performs other duties assigned by the irrigation technician as necessary.
- This listing of duties and qualifications are representative and not exhaustive. This is not a detailed description of all work responsibilities of the position, nor does it give exclusive title to every duty or qualification described or required.
- Job requires working in wet conditions. Hands, feet, etc., may stay wet for extended periods of time.
- Job requires working with solvents that have harmful fumes, may cause irritation to skin or cause staining of the skin.
- Job requires working around electrical meters, wires, transformers and batteries.
- Job will require repetitive motion as in digging, trenching, bending or kneeling over and cutting.
- Job requires safe operation of a motor vehicle.
- Job requires use of tools with sharp blades and teeth.
- Job could require lifting and transporting weights in excess of 30 lbs.
- Job requires exposure to heat, high humidity and cold temperatures.
- Employee may be exposed to various insect bites (mosquitoes, flies, etc.) as well as caustic plants like poison ivy and oak.
- Employee may be working in close proximity to where pesticides are applied or stored.
- Employee may be required to work in close proximity to roadways with heavy vehicle traffic.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, and driving record check.
- Maintain a valid South Carolina Drivers License
Kiawah Island Community Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job