Applicator - #740735
Helena Agri-Enterprises, LLC
Date: 01/15/2022 00:00 AM
City: Wappapello, Missouri
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Applicator is responsible for correctly applying herbicides and pesticides to labeled crops from recommendations made by your leader. This position also operates all applicator equipment and performs maintenance on that equipment. This position requires a Class A CDL.
What your day may look like
- Correctly mixes pesticides, fertilizers and chemicals for application.
- Maintains accurate log books on applicated acres.
- Performs maintenance and calibration on application equipment.
- Wears proper protection equipment.
- Participates in continuing education for maintaining pesticide applicator license.
- Attends applicator equipment workshops.
- Performs maintenance on other equipment and fixed facilities.
- Must be able to work nights, overtime and some weekend hours during busy season.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by leader.
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
Education and experience needed for this position
- High school diploma is required
- Experience in operating large equipment is required
- Must be 21 years old.
- A Class A CDL is required.
- Must pass a drug test and background check.
Other skills that will help you succeed:
- Mechanically inclined.
- Qualified Applicator Certificate (QAC) is preferred.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Agricultural background.
- Basic knowledge of ag pesticides.
- Excellent driving record.
- Ability to read field maps and use tractor-mounted field computers.
- Professional competence to safety.
- Ability to pass a CDL physical examination.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
Your work environment and the physical aspects of the job
At Helena, safety is our highest priority. We seek out extensive safety measures and put them in place to minimize exposure to anything that could be potentially harmful to our employees.
The work environment for this position is that of a typical warehouse and distribution environment where the noise level is usually moderate to loud and occasionally very loud. In this position, the employee regularly works near moving equipment/mechanical parts and could be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, chemical and biological hazards and a risk of electrical shock. This position requires you to use your hands for many different tasks and to talk, hear, walk, stand and sit. You will be regularly required to lift or move up to 100 pounds.
Who we are
Helena Agri-Enterprises, LLC is one of the nation's foremost agronomy solutions providers. We rank near the top nationally in volume and sales for crop production products, fertilizer, custom application, seed and precision agriculture, turf management, industrial weed control, forestry, aquatics and more. As a solutions provider, we help our customers make critical decisions about soil variability, nutrient and water availability, seed selection and pest management. We take pride in working with our growers beyond the sale, helping them in every aspect of their business
Helena operates under several main business groups - Helena Products Group, AGRIntelligence, Helena Industries, LLC and Diversified Applications, Inc.
Helena is a special place to be
At Helena, we are family. Our employees take care of each other and support each other at work and in their personal life. Our family-like atmosphere creates a positive work environment that allows our employees to be high-performers because they feel comfort and compassion from their manager and work team. Our family-like culture is centered on our successful business model "People...Products...Knowledge." People being the first for good reason. When our employees are treated right and feel cared for, our customers thrive and our business grows.
Helena's commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Helena, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where all our employees feel safe, valued and have the opportunity to succeed. We embrace different backgrounds and human experiences because our customers are also diverse. When we all show deep appreciation for each other and our customers it builds trust that strengthens Helena and keeps us competitive.
Helena supports individuals with disabilities and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform job responsibilities.
Stay connected to Helena
Helena is an equal opportunity employer.