Sexual Assault Services Client Advocate - #740744
Date: 01/15/2022 00:00 AM
City: Caribou, Maine
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Position: Sexual Assault Services Client Advocate
Type: Full Time
Location: Caribou Area
AMHC is excited to announce that we are looking to hire a Sexual Assault Client Advocate in the Caribou area. The Sexual Assault Client Advocate is responsible for the provision of Sexual Assault support, advocacy, and education within the assigned region. They will provide support, advocacy, and education services with an individual or group setting with primary and secondary victims/survivors impacted by sexual violence. Support may be provided by phone or in-person. SAS advocate will accompany victims and significant others to law enforcement, medical, and legal proceedings, as-requested, as well as participation in on-call after-hours rotation to ensure that needs of victims/survivors is met.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Assist victims with writing impact statements.
- Educating victims about the criminal justice system.
- Assist with outreach and education when needed.
- Raise community awareness about sexual assault-related issues.
- Provide education regarding sexual violence in schools and other community settings.
- Assist in the organization and facilitation of community, professional, and volunteer training.
- Assist identified tasks and responsibilities regarding any fundraising events.
- The Sexual Assault Client Advocate will be responsible to complete all necessary documentation regarding client, outreach, and presentation activities to be compiled for necessary reporting.
- Performing other special project assignments as determined by the AMHC Sexual Assault Services Team.
- Provide integrated services in a manner that is survivor driven and is in the overall health and wellbeing of the survivor.
- Participate in all assigned training events.
This is a 40-hour per week position for which working hours may vary and are determined by the current needs of the team. It is an expectation that all employees be available to cover weekends, evenings, overnights, and holidays. Because of the unpredictable nature of this position, it is also possible that you may be asked to cover during your scheduled time off or to stay late in order to provide adequate services to the community. Provisions affecting compensation for such time are identified in the AMHC Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual Section 402 and are subject to the overtime provision of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
This position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent. Good written and oral communication skills are also required. The applicant must possess an understanding of issues around sexual violence and sensitivity towards victims of such violence. Reliable transportation also required. Advocacy experience is preferred.
In order to apply for positions on this site, you must first complete an Applicant Profile. The Applicant Profile consists of a series of tabs that allows you to complete as much information about yourself as you wish to offer. It is recommened that you complete each tab of the Applicant Profile.
Once you have completed the Applicant Profile, you will be automatically logged into this site. Therefore, you will be able to immediately go to the Job Search screen and apply for any open positions by clicking on the "Apply for this Job" button.
AMHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer