Facilities Support - #740767
Date: 01/15/2022 00:30 AM
City: El Portal, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Who We Are:
NatureBridge provides environmental science education experiences for more than 30,000 students and their teachers every year in the world’s best classrooms: our National Parks. Our mission is to connect young people to the science and wonder of the natural world, igniting self-discovery, and inspiring stewardship of the planet.
What You Will Do:
Facilities Support is a member of the facilities and food service departments. The majority of the workload of this position will be maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of the NatureBridge facilities and supporting the department by helping with projects. This position will also support food service as needed. This position is located in El Portal and Yosemite National Park and cannot be done remotely.
Your primary job will be to:
- Independently perform daily cleaning and sanitizing of campus facilities.
- Perform projects assigned by the Facilities Team Leader independently or with some supervision.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment, and notify the Facilities Team Leader when products need to be ordered.
- Perform cyclic cleaning such as window and carpet cleaning.
- Perform vehicle cleaning, lawn care, painting and grounds maintenance.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- Supports food service in special events, performs duties of the Lunchroom Coordinator in their absence, and helps as needed.
- Performs physical tasks such as moving equipment, supplies and furniture.
- Establishes and maintains respectful, supportive and compassionate relationships with staff, volunteers and participants.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan, and paid vacation, training days, and sick leave.
Who You Are:
We are looking for candidates who have:
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work well with other Yosemite NatureBridge staff, National Park Service employees, program participants and visiting public.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fun, fast-paced environment and maintain a positive, flexible attitude.
- Ability to keep deadlines, and are able (and enjoy) to work independently
- Excellent judgment and safety consciousness
- Current driver’s license and clear driving record required.
- Availability to work weekends and flexible hours
- All NatureBridge Employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Final shot must occur 15 days or more before the start date. Here is the link to our full policy: NatureBridge COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You must also pass a background check in order to be eligible for employment.
Why should you join the NatureBridge team?
- We are a mission-driven organization that values your contributions and supports you in making a positive impact on youth and the environment
- You will get to work in a beautiful natural setting with other dedicated colleagues who are passionate about what they do
- Be part of a hard-working team that likes to make work fun and enjoyable
How To Apply:
Submit your resume and brief cover letter to our Online Career Portal.