Sr. Product Designer, Experian Consumer Services (remote) - #740795
Date: 01/15/2022 01:00 AM
City: Costa Mesa, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Experian Consumer Services provides credit education and identity protection solutions to consumers and helps businesses manage the impact of a data breach. This group is divided into two divisions; the Direct-to-Consumer team provides these solutions directly to consumers while the Partner Solutions team empowers companies to provide these solutions to their consumers.
Whether it is directly through our websites or via one of our partners, our consumers now have access to valuable credit education and identity protection solutions that help them protect their personal information. We are also the leader in Global Data Breach services, helping businesses for over 15 years.
At Experian, UX Design is a group of talented multidisciplinary experts that craft innovative and pleasing user centered products. As a Senior Product Designer you will be a vital leader within the UX Team responsible for creating and optimization of Experian’s consumer facing web and native financial products. You will work closely with other team members including Product Directors and Managers, Marketing Analysts, Ecommerce Specialists, and Developers to create, implement and test best-in-class product experiences for our portfolio of responsive websites and native applications.
What daily life will look like
- Design useful, usable and delightful experiences across Experian’s responsive/adaptive websites and native mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, Content, Social, Technology, and Business stakeholders on product requirements
- Work closely with the development team to deliver on-time, on budget, high value projects.
- Deliver quality UX flows and patterns, UI design, interactive and data visualization design, UX research, usability testing, and visual design
- Create design specifications and design standards in the form of user journeys, storyboards, interaction models, process flows, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes and UI/functional design specs to ensure each digital experience logically flows from one step to the next
- Understand qualitative and quantitative research data, business goals and requirements, and translate them into functional designs
- Optimize products by closely analyzing user engagement performance metrics and testing alternative design solutions
What we'd like to see
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Design, Interaction Design/UX or similar field from an accredited four-year university preferred
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in research, UX, and product design
- Exceptional portfolio of demonstrated work required
- Strong understanding of front-end application development as it pertains to design.
- Experience working in a product organization, driving products from conception and ideation through launch and beyond over multiple releases
- Someone open to feedback who knows how and when to defend design choices.
- Experience designing for customer facing applications in financial, investment, insurance or related industries.
- Ability to take direction from design leadership and execute based on business & UX requirements. Takes initiative and has the ability to work with little to no guidance.
- Advanced understanding and experience working with Figma, Sketch, Jira and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Able to work on several projects at once.
- Knowledge of service design, design systems, and agile methodologies.
- Expert experience using various prototyping tools to help understand the problem, test concepts and communicate experiences to internal teams and clients.
- Should have experience mentoring/influencing more junior designers.
- During this pandemic, all Experian employees are working remotely. Once it’s safe to do so, we’ll slowly return to our offices however we are in no rush to do this. The safety of our employees is of utmost importance.
- Accrued vacation and five sick days and two volunteer days (plus twelve paid holidays)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, with a bonus target
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
- This position will start out remote and can be 100% remote long term.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Experian U.S. employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here