Asset Lead - #740806
Date: 01/15/2022 01:30 AM
City: Swan Lake, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
An outstanding opportunity exists for the right person with papermaking fundamentals to join Neenah – Brownville New York Mill management team. Neenah is a publicly-traded leading global specialty materials company, focused on premium niche markets that value performance and image. Key products and markets include advanced filtration media, specialized performance substrates used for tapes, labels and other products, and premium printing and packaging papers
The incumbent will provide technical support and guidance to paper production crews to meet production and quality goals while emphasizing safe working practices and collaborating with maintenance to optimize equipment. The ideal candidate has the attitude, initiative, and excellent skills to support Neenah’s culture. Provide overall production leadership and management direction at the Brownville Mill to ensure achievement of all mill objectives and to conform to established policies, procedures, guidelines, and/or specifications and applicable local, state, and federal codes and laws
- Support and participate in a safety culture in paper manufacturing operations that is high in personal accountability and engagement at all levels of the organization.
- Continuously improve year on year safety performance as measured by near miss incidents and OSHA reportable incidents in paper manufacturing operations
- Maintain high level housekeeping standards.
- Exercise personal leadership to provide an environment that promotes Zero Incident Culture and puts a priority on providing a safe and healthy workplace for employees and conforms to applicable local, state, and federal codes and laws governing loss control.
Lead the operations daily activities to assure Quality and Productivity requirements.
- Maintain an effective quality management process that will ensure conformance to internal and external customer requirements.
- Support and help implement cost improvement plans and programs that ensure continuous year on year real cost reduction, measured in efficiency metrics such as Mix Adjusted COM/MSY.
- Support changes to products, product development, and customer service effectively and efficiently. Actively engage in the process and propose improvements that reduce cost/add value.
- Support Maintenance/Engineering in process and capital improvement initiatives to ensure long term reliability of the property, plant and equipment.
- Lead efforts to share and promote the culture of the Neenah Value system throughout the workforce.
- Establish and maintain an optimum organization to ensure that operations are adequately staffed with qualified, trained and motivated people to meet current and future requirements.
- Participate and support in the development/empowerment of Shift Supervisors.
- Ensure the development of all employees to the maximum of their potential.
- Maintain a positive employee relations climate while assuring appropriate accountability and coaching.
- A BA degree desired in engineering, management, paper science or related technical field.
- Candidate must have papermaking fundamentals
- Prior related experience in a process-oriented manufacturing environment will be considered.
- A track record of proven performance/consistently meeting objectives, and leading or supporting safety programs in a manufacturing environment is a must.
- Experience with customer interactions; ideally collaborating with others to help define needs, identify solutions and resolve problems
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to evaluate equipment and processes in terms of chemistry, control strategies, mechanical integrity, energy transfer, thermodynamics, mass transfer, and fluid dynamics.
- Understanding of activities and procedures required for efficient and quality work completion.
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited to a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word. Experience with Oracle is helpful.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast paced production setting.