Credit Card Servicing Supervisor (hybrid - Walla Walla, WA) - #740808
Date: 01/15/2022 01:30 AM
City: Walla Walla, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Provide oversight and leadership for the credit card servicing function for the Bank to include support of internal client-facing technologies and technical services and support to internal and external clients. Oversee the day-to-day Credit Card operations activities, including Card Management, Reg Z Compliance & Processing, Client Support, and Credit Card Processing Systems while ensuring exceptional customer service and compliance with Bank policies, procedures, and processes.
As a Credit Card Servicing Supervisor with Banner Bank you will have the opportunity to:
- Responsible for leading the back-office functions and operations support staff of the Credit Card department. Coordinate workflow, assign tasks, and monitor efficiencies to ensure deadlines are met and service levels are attained. Provide telephone, e-mail, and web support to internal and external clients.
- Oversee customer service responsibilities for questions, payoffs, and billing and/or payment problem resolution.
- Monitor and review processes for effectiveness, ensuring quality provision of products and/or services for the best value while maintaining service level agreements. Recommend and implement approved efficiency and productivity improvements without compromising service quality. Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated problems. Ensure processes are compliant with local, state, and federal regulations of digital banking.
- Develop team members by coaching, mentoring, and training. Provide evaluations for performance while emphasizing accuracy, customer service, and awareness of Bank needs. Coordinate with department managers to assess departmental training needs and objectives.
- Develop standard operating policies and procedures to achieve a high level of customer service while incorporating appropriate risk-management controls. Analyze, evaluate, and review product support and processes. Make recommendations regarding operations for scalability and improved efficiencies. Update and revise policies and procedures as needed to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for complying with, and ensuring staff follows, policies, procedures, security requirements, and government regulations.
Education & Certifications
- Associate's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Economics required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Economics preferred
- 5 - 8 years in credit card servicing and customer relations required
- 1 - 3 years in supervisory experience required, 3-5 years preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess in-depth knowledge of credit card products, services, documentation and servicing requirements and bank operations, banking applications, bank policies, procedure and audit and exam functions. Knowledge of accounting principles, budgeting, and strategic planning.
- Ability to manage and direct an operations team while managing multiple priorities with little supervision. Possess strong leadership and team building skills with the ability to train and motivate staff.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with management, technical staff, internal clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products. Demonstrated ability to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end-user procedures.
- Possess effective communication, presentation, customer service, interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills. Ability to think and execute strategically. Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations relating to credit card servicing.
Banner Bank is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for our employees, clients, and guests. Candidates that apply after December 5, 2021 will be required to be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious exemption on or before their start date. Unvaccinated new hires with an approved medical or religious exemption will be subject to weekly testing by January 4, 2022. For more information please review the FAQ on Banner Bank's Career Center.
Compensation & Benefits
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, health and dependent daycare funds, life and disability protection
- Paid vacation time, sick time and 10 company paid holidays
- 401k (with up to 4% match)
About Banner Bank
More than 130 years ago, we started with core values that never go out of style: listen, learn and help businesses and individuals reach their goals. Our financial strength and stability are key reasons Forbes names us one of the Best 100 Banks in America the past five years.
With more than $16 billion in assets and over 150 locations throughout Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and California, we understand our role in the economy and take that responsibility seriously. In addition to offering a source of capital to personal banking clients and businesses of all sizes, we place a high importance on employee volunteerism and donate millions of dollars each year to community organizations.
Banner Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, disability or protected veteran status.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Banner Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Banner Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Banner Bank. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.