Manager of College Fleet & Transportation - #740814
Date: 01/15/2022 01:30 AM
City: Hillsdale, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Overview: Manage the utilization and management of 28 College fleet and shuttle vehicles, including organizing and overseeing student, team, guest, and specific employee transportation.
- Responsible for the mechanical readiness of all College fleet vehicles. It is required that vehicles are in excellent running condition, thoroughly cleaned and refueled after each use, and are road ready at all times. Coordinate for all necessary vehicle repairs with College personnel and/or external mechanics.
- Oversee the coordination and fulfillment of all requests for Fleet or Shuttle transportation from Hillsdale College staff, faculty, athletic teams, students and College departments.
- Oversee driver assignments for Fleet or Shuttle trips as required.
- Provide vehicle dispatch and, as necessary, passenger manifest for every trip.
- Coordinate for delivery and pick up of rental vehicles for College customers, and schedule rental vehicles for College customers as requested.
- Maintain driver’s license and driving record information for all drivers.
- Submit monthly summary of mileage and driver hours per budget account to Hillsdale College controller.
- Recruit and evaluate new driver candidates.
Utilize specific software related to Fleet and Shuttle requests and possess the ability to create and work with/create spreadsheets as needed (budgeting, semi-annual reports etc.)
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Requires a high school diploma or GED; or any combination of education, training, or experience which fulfills the needs of the College.
Possess a valid Michigan driver's license.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and to take instruction in either verbal or written form.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision. Employee must maintain a timely and accurate work schedule.
- Ability to drive larger vans and mini-bus vehicles (CDL is not required).
SOME OVERTIME IS REQUIRED AND VACATION APPROVAL MAY BE LIMITED DURING PEAK ACTIVITY PERIODS.*
Administrative Affairs and Facilities interacts with virtually every area of campus life. A clean and neat appearance and a pleasant relationship that is supportive of the College’s mission is essential. This relationship needs to be pleasant, supportive and professional, while maintaining confidentiality as needed. Workers are occasionally required to perform work not related to their specific trade.
Code of Commitment*
Be a good representative of Hillsdale College to promote the liberal arts, the College’s original Articles of Association and operating principles stated in the Staff Code of Commitment. The Mission Statement should be considered in all aspects of the position. The teaching of Christian faith shall remain a conspicuous aim of the College.
Location: 33 E College Street, Hillsdale, MI 49242
Job Type: Full-time