Telephone Operator - #740856
Date: 01/15/2022 02:00 AM
City: Flintstone, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Under direct supervision, serves as the main point of contact with the public and with all hospital departments in routine as well as emergency situations.
- May train new operators.
- May be required to do system data entry on request.
- Provide service to multiple answering service clients utilizing individualized protocols.
- Process appropriate emergency code or STAT page.
- Initiate voice pages when required.
- Provide Physician on call information to requesting individuals.
- Use required phrasing at all times when answering telephone calls.
- Provide dialing instructions to patients when requested. Answer multiple lines while maintaining good customer service.
- Determine callers requirements (extension desired, information requested, etc.) and transfer call.
- Provide status report on any page in progress to the individual requesting the page.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience answering and processing calls through automated phone system or 1 year of customer service experience.
- Must be able to work all shifts, 7 days a week.
- Ability to interpret procedure manuals (i.e., fire, trouble, disaster, etc.).
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran