SUPPORT COORDINATOR - CASE MANAGER - #740876
Date: 01/15/2022 03:00 AM
City: Monticello, Arkansas
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
A Support Coordinator is similar to a case manager and is someone who guides, mentors, teaches, and supports the elderly and individuals with disabilities who choose to self-direct Arkansas Medicaid services through the Independent Choices and ARChoices waiver program. These
programs provide an alternative to institutional care for Medicaid participants by allowing them to age in place and receive personal and attendant care home- and community-based services in their own home. These services help people live independent lives in their own homes and communities. Palco Support Coordinators play a critical case management role with these programs because they are responsible for evaluating participant success, re-teaching when the participant is having difficulty with program elements or making professional decisions and documenting all interactions with each participant on their caseload.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with participants in their homes regularly and in accordance with established timelines.
- Record scheduled visits in Microsoft Outlook according to company guidelines.
- Demonstrate expertise of Arkansas self-direction programs and Palco policies.
- Educate and mentor participants on their rights, responsibilities, and risks in the Arkansas self-direction program(s) as well as monitor and evaluate their ability to participate in these self-direction programs.
- Use a person-centered approach in all interactions with participants.
- Thoroughly and accurately document visits with participants on a company-issued laptop using professional and detailed language.
- Log events and run reports electronically.
- Perform required administrative tasks daily to include calling to schedule and/or confirm upcoming visits and responding to company emails and calls.
- Follow operational procedures as defined by Palco.
- Participate in shadowing opportunities with new support coordinators as requested and attend and participate in periodic training sessions as required by Palco.
- Conduct participant trainings and distribute new information to participants on your caseload in a timely manner.
- Display care in use of company equipment and data in accordance with company policies.
- Keep participant information confidential and abide by HIPAA privacy practices.
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES LOCAL TRAVEL
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES PROOF OF COVID VACCINATION
Other Essential Traits
- Must possess professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to electronically document visits.
- Must possess proficient skills with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing to travel within a geographically established region to meet participants in their homes.
- Must be willing to work with people of all ages and disabilities.
- Must have a driver’s license and dependable mode of transportation.
- Must have and maintain active prepaid or contract cell phone plan for continual communication between participants, management, and/or company leadership.
- Must possess a Social Security number or paperwork documenting legal residence in the United States.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, maltreatment check, and drug screening.
Education and Qualifications
- A minimum of three years of experience working with the public is required.
- Experience as a patient navigator, community connector, community health worker, lay health advisor, health educator, or case manager preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree or some college education is preferred.
- Hourly rate based on relevant experience, education, and qualifications (rate also applies to travel time between participant homes).
- Benefits package offered according to employee classification.
- Auto stipend and/or mileage reimbursement may be available based on level of travel.
Palco, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis.