Federal Programs Manager - #740899
Date: 01/15/2022 03:30 AM
City: Abingdon, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
ECC is seeking a Federal Programs Manager. This position is primarily responsible for comprehensive client relationship management to ensure that the Company maintains a competitive position within the federal government marketplace. In this position, you will:
- Primary individual for client communications, representing the Company with integrity, professionalism, and credibility.
- Accurately assess and anticipate client requirements and priorities, aligning Company offerings with client needs.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders throughout the capture planning process. Assist in reviewing contract requirements, assessing ECC capabilities, and identifying teaming partners.
- Lead teaming discussions, negotiating the most advantageous business deal, and putting the appropriate signed agreements in place including non-disclosure agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, and teaming agreements.
- Effectively interface with the Program Manager and Proposal leaders in developing win themes and proposal strategies.
- Contribute to proposal development and execution through tactical activities including but not limited to: conducting briefings on client intelligence, authoring proposal sections, consulting with operations and technical staff in identifying product and approach differentiators, validating strategy and proposed solution against customer need, and supporting proposal review and readiness.
- As required, engage in client negotiations.
- Lead transition activities between the client and Program Manager following contract award. Aid in establishing effective communication channels and trust among key stakeholders to ensure success during project execution.
- Maintain availability throughout project lifecycle to capture lessons learned for process improvement when generating new or repeat business.
- Partner with project managers, site superintendents, and appropriate field staff to leverage new opportunities and foster ongoing client interaction.
- Cultivate effective client relationships to foster repeat business and position the company well for contract re-competes.
- Actively engage in ongoing market scans gathering client and competitor intelligence to support new business opportunities.
- Seek out opportunities to educate, coach, and mentor operations staff in business development methodologies and approaches.
- Participate in relevant conferences, trade shows, associations, and other activities to develop relationships for new business opportunities, engage current clients with the advantages ECC brings to their mission, and gather intelligence regarding competitor strategies .
- Conduct appropriate outreach activities (small business mentoring and industry forums) to position the Company as a reputable leader within the marketplace.
- Provide quarterly activity reports to senior management, giving accurate projections and key information needed to make sound strategic decisions.
- In addition to the accountabilities above, other responsibilities, tasks, and deliverables may be assigned to the incumbent of this position.
- Proven track record of identification and capture of significant government programs within the Department of Defense and/or Department of Energy
- Skilled in consistently developing winning proposals
- Capable of gaining internal support from a variety of levels across the organization
- Demonstrated success interfacing with senior level executives as well as field staff
- Success in negotiating and sealing advantageous business deals with teaming partners
- Working knowledge of project lifecycle management
- Talent for communicating with persuasiveness based on sound business acumen
- Adept at managing current opportunities while simultaneously seeking new business
- Competent in using Microsoft Office products, email systems, and Windows
- Ten years of progressive responsibilities in a business development or direct sales role
- Ten years experience working for DOD/DOE or industry in support of DOD/DOE.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Science or related field is required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for this requirement.
- Effective immediately, we will require all newly-hired employees in the US to be vaccinated for COVID-19 to the extent allowable by state laws
- Former member of the armed services or civil service employee of DOD with responsibility for selection and management of contractors
- Professional certification in environmental, construction, or engineering industries
Job Type: Full-time