School Route Driver - #740942
PRODUCERS DAIRY FOODS INC.
Date: 01/15/2022 04:30 AM
City: Ceres, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Producers Dairy Foods, a family-owned leading supplier and distributor of high-quality award-winning dairy products, has been located in the Central Valley of California since 1932. If you're looking for a place to work where you'll be treated like a member of the family and have the opportunity to interact daily with our loyal customers, you'll find it with Producers Dairy Foods.
We are currently seeking a dedicated School Route Driver to join our winning team at our Ceres, CA branch. The School Route Driver will be responsible for demonstrating the Producers Dairy Core Values and carrying out our purpose of Nourishing Lives. The School Route Driver operates a commercial vehicle to transport and stock product to its scheduled destination while staying in compliance with all State and Federal regulations and Producers Dairy Foods policies
- Operating a commercial truck to safely and efficiently transport a variety of Producers Dairy products to schools.
- Ongoing and effective communication with Producers Dairy personnel and school staff to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Performing pre-trip, inter-trip, and post-trip vehicle inspections and adjustments, preventative maintenance, and minor on-road repairs, as needed.
- Communicating with school staff regarding existing and new products and services
- Managing client and truck inventory to ensure consistent supply is stocked.
- Effectively gauging, driving, and adjusting to a variety of road and weather conditions including but not limited to: rain, wind, rural and mountain terrain, heavy traffic, etc.
- Daily completion of route deliveries, required paperwork, settlement of routes and inventory, and obtaining payments for deliveries.
- Safely and timely loading and unloading of product onto and off of the vehicle
- Approaching work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset, and engaging in Producers Dairy Mission Statement to identify, value, prioritize, resource and sustain improvement opportunities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Must have a valid, nonrestrictive Class B Commercial Driver license and a clean DMV record with no more than 2 points.
- Must be able to have continuous concentration, alertness, and attention to detail while operating a commercial vehicle
- Must not be easily impacted by stressful or non-routine situations. Must be able to consistently stay calm, composed and focused when under pressure
- Must have excellent time management skills, dealing with time constraints to deliver product in a timely and safe manner.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence. Must be able to build productive relationships across all levels of an organization.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.