Superintendent, Production - #740947
The Linde Group
Date: 01/15/2022 04:30 AM
City: Surfside Beach, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit www.linde.com.
The production superintendent will be responsible for the day-to-day overall operation of two HyCO sites - Freeport PSA and Sweeny SMR. He/she will be directly responsible for all the operating equipment within the areas of production and maintenance activities. Supervises and trains facility production technicians. Implements safety and reliability programs, meets fixed and variable cost commitments, and complies with quality system as well as governmental regulations as required.
The production superintendent will supervise the operation of both Freeport and Sweeny sites to ensure sites are operating safely, reliably, and efficiently at all the times with a significant focus on compliance with all the environmental regulations
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Maximizing reliability in order to avoid unscheduled shutdowns resulting in interruption of supply to customers
- Keeping the plant manager informed of deviations to operating plan
- Ensuring that technicians are trained to continuously monitor and proactively check the operation for efficiency, and that they adjust controls in response to changes in operational conditions
- Driving improvements in productivity and cost savings
- Leading incident and near-miss investigations
- Ensuring that technicians are trained and performing in compliance with all critical safety procedures
- Ensuring that the facility is in compliance with all published Operations Alerts
- Responsible for production techs – scheduling, performance evaluation etc.
- Ensuring all necessary production logs and records are properly maintained
- Writing SOPs. Ensuring that SOPs are used to maintain operational consistency and reliability
- Coordinating daily maintenance activities with maintenance group. Ensuring that corrective maintenance requests are properly prioritized and addressed in a timely manner. Working with maintenance team to ensure that required PMs are completed. Ensuring the full use of the EAM work order system
- Effectively communicating operating instructions and guidelines to technicians. Communicating deviations as needed
- Effectively communicating with technicians, plant manager, plant engineers, and other support groups
- Accountability for adhering to all Corporate and plant policies including OSHA PSM, DOT, EPA RMP, and TCEQ air, water, and waste regulations
- Bachelor's Degree or 10+ years Operations/refining experience
- 2+ years Demonstrated Leadership experience
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Primary Location Texas-Freeport
Unposting Date Ongoing