Lead, Back-End, Developer - #740992
The Estée Lauder Companies
Date: 01/15/2022 05:30 AM
City: Long Island City, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Estée Lauder Companies is expanding its engineering group to deliver innovative, resilient, scalable applications and services. We’re committed to strong engineering practices and adopting the best tools for the job at hand. We are looking for technical professionals that love to code, collaborate in technical design & architecture and passionate about adopting new technologies. You will be a part of dynamic team, building enterprise-level solutions as well as rapid prototypes on modern tools, frameworks and libraries.
The Senior Backend Engineer is a part of an agile development team translating business problems into innovative enterprise level technology solutions by delivering high-quality code.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Development & Support
- Contributes high-quality code and adherence to applicable standards in solution delivery
- Participates in code reviews
- Assists in developing technical documentation.
- Provides mentoring on best practices to junior team members
Planning, Tracking & Estimation
- Contributes to task estimation
- Isolate & Analyze issues and resolve them
- Identifies and escalates risks to team lead
- Contributes to improving existing methodology, processes, tools and technology standards
Other Key Responsibilities
- Developer will be part of a Fast to action team, a cohort of developers that will move quickly to solve challenges and develop disruptive solutions. With a focus on high quality delivery and modernization
- Each team member will contribute to and support the execution of these projects working across IT, brands, regions and functions to develop, implement, and measure innovative solutions and tackle business issues head-on.
- Experience with effective communication of technical challenges to non-technical stakeholders
- Efficient problem-solving skills to mediate and identify solutions
- Solid understanding of technical principles across SDLC to enforce them across the teams
- Experienced in Agile Development
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Hands-on, passionate engineer with 5+ years of experience implementing distributed, high-volume services in Java, Python, PHP and Node.js
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience implementing server-side caching strategies to achieve resiliency and stability
- Familiar with strategies to build systems for scale, modularity, and flexibility without compromising on reliability.
- Experience configuring release pipelines on Jenkins.
- Experience building GraphQL APIs and working in postman for validation of the API
- Experience leveraging relevant Azure services to configure and launch backend service on Azure serverless architecture
- Experience writing unit tests, performing code reviews and adhere to coding & branching principles
- Experience with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration, and delivery
- Experience with performance tuning strategies
- Experience with technical documentation of the implementation solutions
- Experience in breaking down requirements into technical tasks and providing estimates
- Experience with git version control, bitbucket
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-Long Island City
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 220792
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.