Paper Area Relief Coordinator - #741044
Verso Paper Corporation
Date: 01/15/2022 07:00 AM
City: Bark River, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This position will assist in driving continuous improvement of Paper operations and efficient production within all areas of the Paper system (E1, E3, & E4). The role will primarily be involved in troubleshooting issues across all 3 machine lines; acting as an additional resource to expedite troubleshooting efforts where the need is greatest. In addition to troubleshooting responsibilities, this position will also be responsible for working on cost reduction initiatives, developing training materials and troubleshooting documents, working directly with crew members on skills and knowledge topics, streamlining our OJT process, helping build bench strength by coaching and mentoring Paper area leaders, acting as production lead on capital projects, and temporarily backfilling for open coordinator positions if we do not have a direct replacement ready.
- Fully support the mill safety programs.
- Implement and lead area improvements by following Verso’s Operational Excellence business model.
- Close R-Gap budget initiatives by focusing on the three circles of improvement, People, Technical, and Process Systems.
- Ensure Business Unit, Operations, and Supply Chain are fully coordinated.
- Convert the Business Plan to a daily operations plan.
- Provide technical expertise in the daily operations of the unit including assisting operators in resolving gaps between production and the plan.
- Analyze and allocate production losses.
- Thorough understanding of unit operations, process equipment, and technology.
- In depth knowledge of plant operations, maintenance spending constraints, production commitments, costs, margins, capital projects, small projects and turnarounds.
- Ability to reach a conclusion using relevant information and data and to determine the best course of action in a timeframe that is consistent with business requirements.
- Ability to utilize lean manufacturing statistical tools.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in pulp Paper science, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of related Paper, operational or manufacturing /industrial experience including supervisory experience.
- Competency with standard Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SAP, Proficy, PI, Optivision, PARCview, G3PTM, MiniTab, etc.
Verso Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.