Seasonal Sales Associate - #741076
Ollie's Bargain Outlet, Inc.
Date: 01/15/2022 08:00 AM
City: Douglasville, Georgia
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Position: Seasonal Sales Associate
Reports To: Team Leaders
Department: Store Operations
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
The Seasonal Sales Associate assists customers and helps to maintain the store appearance. The Seasonal Sales Associate is responsible for all aspects of customer service, merchandising, and store maintenance. This position is only designated during the company identified seasonal periods throughout the year. This position is temporary to help support increased business during high volume times of the year.
- Greet and acknowledge every customer as they enter and exit the store and as they approach the front end.
- Accurately and efficiently operate the register.
- Be knowledgeable of all promotions and advertisements to ensure that customer questions can be answered and to assist with selling product; support Ollie’s Army and other donation programs throughout the year.
- Maintain a neat and organized front end work area.
- Assist with receiving the truck, pricing items, merchandising product, and recovering the store.
- Communicate customer needs to Team Leaders when necessary.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the overall store.
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks and activities and work within strict timeframes and deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to interact well with customers and Associates.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend and twist frequently.
- Ability to grip, reach, and pinch with arms and hands frequently.
- Ability to squat, kneel, balance, and climb ladders occasionally.
- Ability to see, hear, and speak regularly.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
Ollie’s is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran’s status, disability, or any other legally protected status.