Portland Area High School Virtual English Teacher - #741100
Date: 01/15/2022 08:30 AM
City: Burns, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Teacher for the 2022-2023School year. The primary duty of the teacher is to stimulate the learning of students; including attention to their instruction (virtual, hybrid, and face to face) attendance, discipline, safety, health, and care while under the supervision of the school. SRCS, while a virtual school, encourages face-to-face opportunities including field trips, face-to-face instruction, and the building of relationships.
Valid Oregon Teaching License
- Hold and keep a current first aid card when required by Silvies River Charter School.
- Oregon Driver’s License and personal transportation
- Weekly travel to local Learning Center
- Proficient computer skills
Experience as a self-starter is a plus
- Case Management and/or Advisor-Counselor experience is a plus
- Experience using digital learning tools and LMS is a plus.
- Flexible teacher and class schedules
Team first attitude is essential
- New technology that includes laptop, cell phone, pre-paid jetpack
- Ability to teach in person, hybrid, and virtual
- Breakout professional development opportunities
- Professional Statewide Internal Networks
A complete application will include:
- A cover letter
- Resume with at least 3 professional references
- At least 3 letters of recommendation of which 2 are professional recommendations
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Copy of Teaching License (or letter stating that you are eligible to be placed on the charter school registry)
- A complete SRCS application (form provided after screening)
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Salary based on experience, up to $67k, competitive salary schedule (see SALARY SCHEDULE), and great insurance benefits.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract