Office Services Assistant - #741127
Date: 01/15/2022 09:00 AM
City: Aliso Viejo, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Office Services Assistant supports the daily operations of office management by providing general, administrative, accounting and support duties for the Office Services Manager. This includes reception, clerical and light accounting support, handling mail/overnight delivery, ordering and stocking of office and kitchen supplies, and coordinating office equipment maintenance. The Office Services Assistant communicates with internal/external customers and vendors on a daily basis, and performs administrative support to other departments as needed.
The Office Services Assistant, as with all Shea team members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a professional manner that is consistent with Shea Core Values and the Business Ethics, Employee Conduct and Confidentiality policy.
- Supports day-to-day operations of office management.
- Provides administrative and clerical support.
- Receives, sorts, stamps, distributes incoming/outgoing mail.
- Orders, stocks and distributes office and kitchen supplies.
- Processes overnight shipping.
- Reviews, reconciles and processes invoices in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures that proper back-up documents are received, approved and coded. Submits invoices to Office Manager for approval.
- Answers incoming telephone calls from internal and external customers. Responds to and directs requests as appropriate.
- Assists Office Services Manager with product research, vendor negotiations, bids and contracts.
- Sets up and maintains organized vendor files and tracks service agreements and vendor information.
- Maintains office equipment, troubleshoots and places service calls. Assists in set-up and clean-up of lobby, kitchen, and conference/training rooms for meetings and events.
- Provides reception coverage two hours per day as well as on an “as-needed” basis.
- Heavy lifting is required. This position requires ability to lift up to 50lbs., climbing a 5-step ladder, working with a dolly and continual movement throughout the office.
- Completes special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Technical/Professional Knowledge (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with associates and vendors.
- Adaptable, high energy and a positive "Can-Do" attitude.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to set ambitious goals and achieve.
- Takes initiative.
- Understanding of accounting principles and budget process. Ability to read and interpret numerical information.
- Computer proficient with MS Word/Excel/Outlook, Type 40 wpm, Internet Research.
- Some knowledge of postal /shipping equipment and multi-line phone system preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Ability to work independently
- Planning and organization skills
- Time management skills
- Customer Focus
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail Oriented
The Office Services Assistant works in a professional office environment and interfaces with external/internal customers, vendors, sub-contractors, and tenants on a regular basis. Work hours are usually scheduled from Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. However, the Office Services Assistant should be flexible with availability depending on the needs of the department. The Office Services Assistant will maintain professionalism at all times with management and team members as well as successful communication and positive relationship building.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, bend, climb a 5-step ladder, pull, push cart/dolly, talk, hear, and use a telephone, personal computer, and postal equipment. May be required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Occasionally required to drive during the course of work.
Shea Properties is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.