Incentive Compensation Management Business Analyst - #741143
Date: 01/15/2022 09:30 AM
City: Davidson, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
This role has been designated as Hybrid, with location flexibility, when workflow and priorities allow. There is preference for the Davidson, NC, La Crosse, WI or Minneapolis/St Paul, MN offices.
Reporting to the Sales Compensation Operations Director, this position will be responsible for assisting in the design and delivery of ICM transactional and analytic solutions. The role will participate in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including a focus on functional requirements elicitation, functional design, project management, testing, and change management of the incentive compensation management solution. Additionally, the role will be required to assist in the design, development, testing, and deployment of analytic models utilizing Alteryx and Tableau for reporting. The role will be required to develop an understanding of the Commercial HVAC Americas strategic business unit operating model, go to market model, sales incentive plans, transactional systems, and transactional data sources.
- Sales incentive compensation management requirements elicitation and documentation
- Data source mapping
- Analytic model design, development, testing and deployment
- Functional requirements and design for the SAP Commissions solution, Alteryx, and Tableau
- Software testing management planning, execution, and tracking
- Participate in system testing activities including SIT, UAT, performance and security testing
- Regression test suite definition and development using testing automation tools
- Development change management strategies and materials, working with business leaders to successfully deploy new technology solutions to the field
- Support and troubleshoot the solutions
- Develop and perform knowledge transfer through assisting in the development and deployment of training materials and support documentation.
- Work with other groups within Trane to establish best practices and implement management strategy
- Identify application problems and liaison with the vendor utilizing their support process to provide resolutions in a timely manner.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management information systems, computer science or related discipline required plus 3-7 years of experience with business systems design and development and 3+ years of experience with analytics platforms such as Alteryx or Tableau
- Experience with SAP Commissions (Callidus) preferred, experience with other ICM packages (Varicent, Xactly, NICE, etc.) considered
- Experience with an analytics package required, Alteryx experience preferred
- Tableau experience preferred
- Software Development Lifecycle experience required
- Requirements elicitation, functional design experience required
- Test management experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Ability to develop training assets and train others on the implementation of sales incentive compensation plans in the SAP Commissions suite of tools
- Ability to work well and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment required
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong understanding of field sales office business and headquarters a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position works in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasional travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This position requires availability to provide support outside of normal business hours as needed.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.