Sow Farm Supervisor - #741167
Date: 01/15/2022 10:30 AM
City: Guymon, Oklahoma
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Sow farm supervisors are responsible for managing the day-to-day tasks of the farm, ensuring production targets are met, and supervising the employees on the farm.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASK:
- Training of employees on day-to-day processes and procedures and developing a competent workforce by utilizing hands-on training methods.
- Creating and managing employee work schedules and maintaining accurate personnel paperwork, including performance evaluations and providing constructive and timely feedback to employees.
- Performing audits of the farm to ensure all standard operating procedures are being followed and facilities are in good working condition.
- Ensuring that all daily and weekly production targets are met, as well as completing and submitting production analysis reports in a timely manner.
- The care and conditioning of sows on the farm.
- Submitting orders for farm supplies and maintenance needs.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS IN ALL ROLES: instills trust, communicates effectively, action oriented, accepts accountability, and collaborates with others.
Builds effective teams
Building strong- identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
Optimizes work processes
Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum amount of noise.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or 4+ years related experience and/or training; or 2 to 5 years of Swine Experience preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must be proficient in the English language, reading and writing.
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh® pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to the pursuit of pork perfection, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. This ensures the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.
Seaboard Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.