Parent Aide - #99615
Arizona Baptist Children's Services
Date: 04/19/2022 09:30 AM
City: McNary, Arizona
Salary: $15 / hour
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Arizona Baptist Children’s Services & Family Ministries (ABCS) is a faith-based nonprofit that includes seven ministries with one mission: to provide hope and care to hurting children and families through Christ-centered ministries. Together, we serve the full spectrum of Arizona families, from unborn babies to seniors. To learn more about how God uses us at ABCS to impact the community please visit our website at abcs.org. You can join our mission by serving as a parent aide in Apache and Navajo County.
What makes ABCS such a great place to work?
- You can be part of an organization that models biblical core values in many different facets by honoring God in all we do, building relationships through trust and respect, being a good steward with what we have been given, and doing everything with excellence.
- ABCS has a framework of servant leadership where staff from all positions are intentional about building relationships and lifting each other up in prayer. ABCS offers a healthy balance between work and your personal life.
- The ability to make an impact on the community by providing hope and care to hurting children and families.
- In addition to new hire training, ongoing and continuing education training will be provided for you throughout the year.
As a Parent Aide with ABCS:
- You have the opportunity to build relationships with 4-6 families, and come alongside them during a difficult period in their life.
- You can encourage families while sharing the message of hope that is in Jesus Christ and showing His love and mercy to the families you are working with.
- You can help focus efforts to reunite parents with their children who have been removed by the Arizona Department of Child Safety (DCS).
- You enable parents involved with the DCS system to see their child(ren) who have been removed from the home by facilitating a safe environment for positive interactions which leads toward family reunification.
- You are flexible and willing to maintain a non-traditional work schedule to meet the needs of parents and children, so they are able to be successful in meeting case requirements.
- You will have a supportive network available to you (supervisors, mentors and teams) to discuss and process through incidents and cases. As a team, together we can grow and expand our knowledge, critical thinking skills and discernment in a ministry setting.
- You will have the opportunity to build relationships with children while transporting them to and from visits with their parents.
- Supervising visits (typically 2-4 hours) between the child and parent(s) while documenting interactions and behaviors that will be used to help determine the growth of the parents parenting skills.
- You have opportunities to support the family both physically (housing supports, food pantry resources, etc) and spiritually (sharing the gospel and prayer, when the opportunity arises).
- Assisting families in following guidelines for the visit, which ensures a safe and enjoyable environment for the children and parents.
- You have a minimum of a high school diploma. A degree, training, or experience in a behavioral science field is preferred. We prioritize calling and an ability to grow.
- You can effectively and consistently communicate via technology and in person.
- You are able to write clear and objective reports in order to provide documentation to the courts.
- Bilingual individuals encouraged to apply.
- You are a Christian and in agreement with the ABCS Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Core Values and Guiding Principles.
- At least 21 years old.
- You currently have or are able to obtain a valid AZ driver’s license and a have clean driving record with no suspension or revocations within the past five years.
- Have a reliable personal vehicle and are able to carry $100,000/ $300,000 liability insurance.
- Able to lift and transfer up to 40 pounds independently.
- Eligible to obtain a level 1 fingerprint clearance card and have a clear criminal history per ABCS contracts with the State of Arizona. ABCS will pay the cost of fingerprinting for individuals who are selected.
- Eligible to CPR/ first aid training, ABCS will cover the cost of training.
- Able to pass a TB and urine drug test.
ABCS offers full-time and part-time benefits and competitive pay.
- Earn $15 per hour (which includes transportation, visit supervision, report writing, and case management time) with increases in pay after 6 months and annually. You will also receive $0.44 reimbursement for all work miles driven and a monthly cell phone stipend.
- Full-time employees with Arizona Baptist Children's Service's receive a health benefits package that contributes up to $8,500 of their total annual benefits package, including full medical, supplemental medical, short-term disability and $35,000 of life insurance at no cost.
- All employees receive seven paid holidays per year and earn paid sick leave. Full time employees will also earn ten days of paid time-off and five personal choice days per year.
- Mission Action time (allowing staff to take paid time-off to participate in mission trips, vacation bible school or other similar activities without losing any of their accrued time-off).
- Access to Employees Assistance Program through New Life Counseling.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.