Principal - Wilson's Mills Elementary - #99636
Johnston County Public Schools
Date: 04/19/2022 09:30 AM
City: Smithfield, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
Hold or be eligible to hold a North Carolina Principal’s License; an Advanced License will be viewed as a strength
- Minimum experience to include at least three years in educational administration
- At least three years teaching experience
- Strong instructional background
- Demonstrated knowledge of school-based management (fiscal and instructional)
- Strong skills in use of instructional data to improve student achievement and performance.
- Strong skills in building interpersonal relationships with students, staff, and parents
- Provide effective leadership in the total operation of the school
- Develop, implement, supervise and evaluate the comprehensive instructional program
- Utilize a variety of data to support school improvement initiatives and the implementation of Professional Learning Communities
- Plan, implement, supervise, and evaluate the use of all school resources
- Assume primary responsibility for hiring, assigning, supervising, and evaluating personnel
- Establish a safe and orderly school environment that is conducive to learning
- Play a significant leadership role in facilitating professional growth and building staff morale in the school
- Administer provisions of State Board of Education and Johnston County Public Schools policies as they apply to the school
- Communicate to the Superintendent the requirements and needs of the school as perceived by staff members and parents
- Provide leadership to and opportunity for effective parent and community participation in the school
- Accept responsibility for the professional development of aspiring assistant principals under his/her leadership
- Demonstrate active leadership and good judgment in working with school staff members
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent
DISCLAIMERS: The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this position. They are not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and skills that may be required of the employees assigned to this position. This description may be revised by the supervisor, with HR review and approval, at any time.
Johnston County Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the employment or promotion of employees on the basis of gender, race, religion, age, national origin or disability.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.