Medical Assistant - #99653
Stony Brook Administrative Services
Date: 04/19/2022 10:00 AM
City: Commack, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
General Purpose :
Responsible for the daily coordination of the clinical aspects of the medical office practice to ensure the highest level of patient care.
- Place patients in the examination rooms and document for the physician the medication log , vitals and the main reason for the visit in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Record Vital Signs(blood pressure, pulse, temperature) and measurements of height and weight, in the EMR.
- Assist the physician with special procedures and physical exams.
- Schedule ancillary services and other procedures as needed.
- Maintain the patient charts and scan documents into the EMR.
- Ensure patient results and correspondences are reviewed in a timely manner by the physician and appropriate according to the physician's orders.
- Maintain an adequate supply of inventory in each of the exam room while ensuring the cleanliness of the examination rooms.
- Maintain the organization of the sample medication closet.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed.
- Cross train to provide coverage for the office as needed.
Commack- Reproductive Endocrinology/Fertility
Education and Experience:
- Prior Medical Assistant experience working in an IVF physician practice. is required.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of both clerical and clinical practices and procedures.
- Candidate should have excellent computer skills and some knowledge of using an electronic medical record and various other computer applications needed to perform the job.
Medical Assistants may spend a great deal of their professional day walking, standing, moving and manipulating equipment, as well as lifting and moving objects, equipment and supplies. It is reasonable to anticipate lifting 20-25 pounds in any given day. Bending or twisting of the body may also be a frequent occurrence.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) order that all hospitals and nursing homes “continuously require all covered personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.” Upon receipt of a conditional job offer, candidates who are not already vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol. The order allows for limited medical exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
Commensurate with experience
IVF- Medical Assistant
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.