Upholster 1 Trainee - #99682
Date: 04/19/2022 10:30 AM
City: Claremont, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
HBF, an industry leader in workplace furnishings and a top brand in the HNI Corporation enterprise, is in search of a Upholster 1 to join our team in Hickory, NC!
Ability to perform all Upholstery operations including Swivel tilt, Tufting, Brass nailing, applying arm caps and cushion fill. Applies product to frame in a safe, dependable and timely manner that meets quality standards.
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
- Lifts and places frames on and off work table/cart (50 to 150 lbs).
- Moves frames to and from work station.
- Applies upholstery materials to frame with a staple gun using correct amount of material per specifications and upholding high quality standards that apply; corrects own mistakes.
- Operates and maintains upholstery equipment including swivel tilt operations, brassing, spring up, gluing equipment.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Wears all required PPE; works safely at all times and reports any unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work station.
What it takes:
Ability to consistently meet high quality/quantity performance standards
- Must comply with company rules, regulations and safety practices
- Reliable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position.
- Work extended hours or days as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate information, both orally and written, and respond to questions
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability, while maintaining a positive attitude and approach under pressure.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation’s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the “Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”, by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies for leadership development.
HBF is a leader in beautifully designed, exquisitely crafted and exceptionally constructed products. These products represent the finest in contemporary design, reflecting the essence of current culture while evoking a timeless, transcendent appeal. To realize this vision, HBF works with luminaries in the visual arts....those whose expansive talents are woven into a tapestry of uncommon design. These rare and gifted individuals delight in collaboration with HBF, as our singular capabilities bring their creations to life. And so entwined, our products inspire.
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual overview of our organization.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.