Manager, External Manufacturing Strategic Sourcing (1 of 3) - #99684
Johnson & Johnson
Date: 04/19/2022 10:30 AM
City: Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for three Manager, External Manufacturing Strategic Sourcing positions. This position will be located on-site with a preference of the Skillman New Jersey office, and possible alternate work location of Ft. Washington Pennsylvania.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years! We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $93.8 billion in 2021 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Manager, External Manufacturing Strategic Sourcing is responsible for leading multiple aspects of the Strategic Sourcing relationship with selected External Manufacturing (EM) suppliers. This includes financial performance and budget compliance, sourcing strategy development and implementation, negotiation of Supply Agreements and other legal documents. They will also support innovation and capability building, leadership of market engagement events and collaboration across numerous internal functions to drive supplier strategy in alignment with overall organizational goals. The Manager, External Manufacturing Strategic Sourcing is expected to project business initiatives in support of the North America Source OGSM or North America Supply Chain objectives. They may also support global category teams and/or global Source initiatives.
The role has a high impact for the J&J Consumer business in ensuring that our External Manufacturing suppliers produce products that are of consistent and high levels of quality. They must be delivered with acceptable service performance and are procured in a cost-effective way, to drive overall best value for the organization.
- Collaboratively craft and implement local/regional sourcing strategies, or support global sourcing strategies, that deliver the best Total Value for the J&J Consumer Group of Companies and J&J customers for assigned commodities/sourcing groups
- Support organization to negotiate appropriate supply terms and agreements for External Manufacturing that best meet the needs and risks posed to J&J.
- Ensure Supplier compliance towards all J&J requirements with support of operational teams.
- Analyze sophisticated supplier proposals and use decision-making tools/models, including financial and non-financial criteria, to facilitate award recommendations.
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis and screening (strategic direction, financial due diligence, market position, power within industry, capabilities & capacity, risk assessment).
- Identify cost improvement opportunities, drive through feasibility and resource alignment discussions and assure execution timelines and tracking of delivered savings
- Own and proactively lead overall financial performance in a number of key areas
- Support efforts to identify and implement product or technology innovation from Suppliers (via Supplied Enabled Innovation, Partner Enabled Development, or other means)
- Bachelors’ degree required, preferably with a background in the areas of Procurement/Supply Chain/Economics/Business/Science/Engineering or related fields
- Masters' degree prefered
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant experience preferably in External Manufacturing, FMCG, Strategic Sourcing, Contract Management and/or OTC
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment
- Experience collaborating within the Supply Chain organization (Direct Materials Procurement, Planning, Manufacturing and New Product Introduction), Marketing, Quality, Technical Services, Legal and ad hoc project teams
- Demonstrate inspired leadership with the ability to influence others to engage in projects and to drive business deliverables
- Experience working/leading a global team
- Up to 25% domestic is required
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-199 Grandview Road
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.