CT Tech II - #99686
UM Shore Regional Health
Date: 04/19/2022 10:30 AM
City: Cambridge, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
CT Tech II
Full Time - Weekends 7am-7pm
We are looking for talented professionals to join our extraordinary team at University of Maryland - Shore Regional Health.
At Shore Regional Health, you can learn, grow and make a lasting impact on patients and families. You’ll experience the support of a collaborative work environment and a sense of collegiality unlike any other. Our comprehensive system has many locations and practice options to choose from throughout the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland.
Under general supervision, performs routine and specialized CT imaging procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. Executes basic clinical competence in CT, in all locations, across all patient types. Selects accurate technical factors on an individual patient basis and demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to age of the patient. Observes concepts of Image Wisely/Image Gently for dose reduction. Administers contrast according to facility policy.
- Actively participates in the Clinical Ladder Program, if implemented, at the individual System hospital/location, meeting and maintaining all Program standards and requirements.
2. Applies knowledge of CT principles and practices, including anatomy and physiology, radiation safety and physics, patient positioning and patient care skills. Adheres to Joint Commission, State, Federal, organizational and departmental regulatory compliance standards.
3. Documents accurate patient care activity in various electronic health records systems.
4. Ensures a safe and appropriate work environment. Maintains supplies and inventory in area. Informs appropriate colleague when supplies need to be ordered from outside vendors. Documents and reports related equipment/environmental problems in accordance with policy. Follows equipment quality control procedures with appropriate documentation.
5. Actively participates in departmental and organizational performance improvement initiatives and efforts to improve workflows, patient experience and quality. Actively participates in student and employee training and education activities.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Registered with American Registry of Radiologic Technology ARRT (R)
- Registered with American Registry of Radiologic Technology ARRT (CT)
- Licensed Radiographer/ State of Maryland
- Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification
For more information, call or text Kennedy Blair at
410-344-7753 or schedule a call here: https://calendly.com/kennedy-blair/ummsphonecall
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.