Clinical Behavioral Health Specialist Telehealth PSJH - #99688
Date: 04/19/2022 10:30 AM
City: Hobbs, New Mexico
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Clinical Behavioral Health Specialist Telehealth PSJH to our location in Seattle, WA or any locations within the US.
We are seeking a Clinical Behavioral Health Specialist Telehealth PSJH who willl be an integral part of a behavioral health consult team serving acute patients remotely through an innovative Telehealth platform. This position requires independent clinical decision making, flexibility and an ability to provide a variety of assessment and interventions to a wide range of patient populations in multiple geographic regions. The Clinical Behavioral Health Specialist will assess and triage patients via telehealth without restrictions in gender, age, or medical comorbidity. The Clinical Behavioral Health Specialist will conduct psychosocial assessments of patients in both emergency department and inpatient settings. The Clinical Behavioral Health Specialist is responsible for providing a full range of clinical social work consult services including psychosocial assessment, treatment recommendations, risk assessment, therapeutic interventions, discharge planning recommendations, mental health diagnosis, crisis intervention and may provide a warm handoff to the Psychiatrist on the Enterprise Telehealth team.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Triage and assess patients via telehealth without restrictions in gender, age, or medical comorbidity.
- Responsible for providing a full range of clinical social work consult services including psychosocial assessment, treatment recommendations, risk assessment, therapeutic interventions, discharge planning recommendations, mental health diagnosis, crisis intervention.
- Collaborates and builds rapport with patients, staff at the distant site as well as other members of the Telehealth team.
- Document a complete assessment in the Epic medical record including risk assessment, rationale, recommendations and plan.
- Understands and utilizes a bio psychosocial approach to assessment and utilizes it with interventions.
- Provides patient, family and staff education as needed.
- This is a 100% remote position. Candidates must have access to high speed internet and a private and professional space for conducting Telehealth patient assessments.
- Compliance with the Social Work Code of Ethics and relevant state specific mental health laws required.
- Knowledge of state specific and federal laws related to mental health, abuse, privacy, duty to warn and other relevant regulations.
- Willingness to engage in constant quality evaluation efforts and ongoing development and improvement of the program.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree ub Social Work from a CSWE Accredited University
- 5 years post-graduate experience working in an Emergency Department, Inpatient or Outpatient Behavioral Health setting
- Experience documenting in an Electronic Health Record
- LICSW or LCSW
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker with the ability to be licensed in OR, CA, MT, AK, TX and WA. License must be in good standing with no action against them
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year experience working with children or adolescents
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Behavioral Health
Other Location(s): New Mexico-Hobbs, Alaska-Anchorage, Montana-Missoula, Texas-Lubbock, Oregon-Portland, California-Irvine
Req ID: 352058
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.