Energy Systems Analyst - #99719
University of California Santa Cruz
Date: 04/19/2022 11:00 AM
City: Santa Cruz, California
Salary: $110,750 - $115,000 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Energy Systems Analyst
Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 32029
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit
The IRD for this job is:
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world
The UCSC Physical Plant (PP) is committed to creating an exceptional campus physical environment to support the research, teaching, health care and community service mission of the University. PP employs approximately 280 professional staff and the Energy Department within Physical Plant. Physical Plant acts as steward for over $10 million in Purchased Utilities operating funds. As a steward PP strives to achieve its goals in efficiently operating and maintaining the UCSC campus environment. Located in the Business and Administrative Services organization, PP is organized into 5 distinct units: (1) Grounds Services, (2) Building and Utility Services, (3) Work Management, (4) Business & Fiscal Operations, and (5) Custodial Services. The Energy Department is one of 2 units within Work Management, and works collaboratively with the units within PP and throughout the campus organization
PP participates in system-wide Principles of Community and all PP leaders are expected to create a fair, equitable, safe and supportive work environment, where everyone can do their best work. PP leaders share accountability for the overall success of the operation, and strive towards a high performance work environment. We value innovation, creative problem solving, and diligent follow-through
Physical Plant's Mission is to contribute to the University's mission by operating and maintaining a safe, clean, and efficiently run campus
The Energy Management unit within Physical Plant aims to devise, promote and implement efficient use and conservation of energy and water, as well as to help UCSC operate as efficiently as possible. The main functions served by the unit include internal utility management, energy efficiency projects, and reporting on campus energy use
More information can be found here: https://ppc.ucsc.edu/ppdo/index.html
This position serves the Energy Department as a technical expert in energy data communication, visualization, and validation. The position requires expertise in energy efficiency and its practical applications in metering, monitoring, building management systems. The incumbent utilizes business information systems (hardware, software) that support these technologies
This position is focused on software integration of BMS building data from related databases. This will include, but not be limited to, data cleaning, developing operational metrics, developing building models, building KPI's and automated diagnostics
This position applies Physical Plant Energy department business processes and analysis concepts to support automated data gathering and analysis. Works on business process related support issues of limited to moderate scope. Involves evaluation of processes, procedures and data that will require analysis using a variety of factors
Salary Information: Salary Range: $110,750 - $115,000/annually. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
- Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: This is a Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: Non-Represented
Job Code Classification:
Travel: Never or Rarely
Ensures energy data acquisition system functionality, operation and accuracy. Assembles and directs diverse team to assure data and metering quality. Oversees and coordinates energy data acquisition monthly processes within department. This includes the collection of manual data through coordination of work for campus meter reading team, as well as the manual and automated processes that transfer energy data from various servers, devices, and cloud based information systems
25% - Administers and/or supports the operation, maintenance, and improvements to campus energy systems. Performs system analytics and troubleshooting as required. Maintains the energy data management system software libraries and documentation
15% - Reviews, maintains, and improves documentation of energy metering on campus through review of existing campus documentation. This includes construction documents, construction submittals, building management system binders, and energy department historical documents
10% - Develops projects to reduce energy consumption and demand on campus buildings and utility systems. Prepares analysis to support of campus energy related funding requests for projects
10% - Monitors energy efficiency projects from initiation through delivery, including oversight of system integrations, project and communications, interface with vendors and managing risk
10% - Helps develop basic user interface designs. Provides support on new applications. Provides data mining and API support to create visualization tools and automated reports
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines. Demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Experience with data analysis, data visualizations and accurate representations of data.
- Experience with energy metering devices and technologies; communications, programming, communication, and integration.
- Assures energy data acquisition systems are functional, working properly and accurate. Assembles and directs diverse team to ensure data and metering quality.
- Knowledge of coding, analytics and scripting languages such as Axon, Python, Axon,R, SQL, C, Visual Basic, Matlab, Octave, or C sharp.
- Experience working with energy conservation methods in commercial buildings (i.e. mechanical
- upgrades, shifting peak demand, building automation, occupant behaviors) and in mechanical and electrical systems.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. Interpersonal and communications skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Proven ability to assess needs for energy management products to meet those needs.
- Knowledge of commercial building HVAC and lighting equipment and its impact on building energy efficiency.
- Knowledge of building control systems, and their impact on building energy efficiency.
- Experience working with and mentoring peers, coworkers, and/or interns.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
- Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained here.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our How to Apply tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call
831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.jeid-3ac81f26d671034db83c07dbaf34dc34
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.