Member Service Representative/Personal Banker - #99720
Jovia Financial Credit Union
Date: 04/19/2022 11:00 AM
City: Deer Park, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Say Hello to Working on the Bright Side
We are Jovia Financial Credit Union (Formerly NEFCU). Our name evokes a way of joy, a feeling of optimism, trust and “banking on the bright side”. We are a new kind of credit union, one that combines service and value with the convenience that today’s technologies allow. Our friendliness and energetic spirit make it easy to do business with us. At Jovia, our dynamic, fast growing culture awaits- come see for yourself.
Now with more than 3 billion in assets, 200,000 members, and 450+ employees, we attract the best and the brightest talent- who do the right thing, present a can-do spirit in a culture of fun, fulfilment, advancement and development. Find your joy here, every day.
We give you:
- Competitive compensation with paid training
- Open communication and an amazingly positive staff
- Managers who value input from their employees—we believe in you!
- A friendly, inviting work environment
- Work that feels like a second home with family events hosted by Jovia!
- Leaders who are involved, transparent and coach you
- Professional development and a perfect atmosphere for learning
- Fun social activities to nurture creativity and teamwork
- Business casual dress with annual corporate gear allowance!
- Great benefits – Med/Dent/401K/pension, and tuition reimbursement and more (Full Time employees)
- School Loan Repayment & Gym Reimbursement (Full Time employees)
- Lots of growth and advancement potential
- A CEO with brilliant vision and aspiration
Want to know why we’re so happy? Click here to learn and meet our CEO!
What you will be doing:
- Direct dealing with member and potential members
- Support and promote a successful service/sales culture by identifying the needs of the membership and cross-selling the appropriate products.
- Efficiently and accurately process transactions (loan payments, transfer of funds)
- Research and resolve member concerns
- Sufficiently and accurately record information
- Efficiently utilize the software system provided to perform member transactions
- Engage with members to obtain information and explain available services to meet their financial needs.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 18 months of relevant experience in the financial industry or in a customer service
- Previous banking or financial services experience
- Desire to provide outstanding member service
- Ability to discuss products and services
- Professional appearance coupled with an enthusiastic, assertive personality.
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of negotiable instruments
- Dependable (arrive to work on time as scheduled)
Be part of a growing not-for-profit organization where People are Everything—You are important to us. Help our members meet their financial goals and achieve their dreams. Let’s talk!
At Jovia, we celebrate innovation, diversity, teamwork, excellence, and integrity. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to recruit, retain, and reward top talent. We would like to be your partner in success and happiness!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.