Senior Buyer (Direct - Manufacturing) - HYBRID - #99740
Date: 04/19/2022 11:30 AM
City: Warminster, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This is a HYBRID position and you must be local to Warminster, PA as onsite work is also required.
Join our growing, diverse team and be part of something special!
Welcome to the world of Purchasing! At PDC Machines, our Buyers are responsible for optimizing product availability at the lowest possible cost. Do you want to join a team where you will have the freedom to share ideas on how to make our processes better? What about purchasing direct materials of parts and other items for our diaphragm compressors? Then you came to the right job advertisement. Apply today and join our team to help drive towards a green hydrogen future!
The Senior Buyer is responsible for optimizing product availability and lowest total cost.
- Respond to demand requests and place purchase orders for materials to meet requirements.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure cost, quality, and supply assurance goals are met.
- Monitor purchase price variances and resolve shipping & invoice discrepancies.
- Implement supply chain strategies & manage day to day supply issues.
- Manage inventory levels and identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Manage supplier compliance to contracts (costs, lead-times, terms, etc.)
- Monitor and manage supplier delivery performance.
- Identify, resolve, and expedite issues to ensure timely identification and procurement of materials.
- Communicate pertinent information to both internal customers and international suppliers to keep apprised and to prevent problems.
- Streamline procurement processes with efficient use of ERP/MRP systems and other tools.
- Assure that all system generated planning tasks are executed and all system data is maintained.
- Experience with purchasing in a manufacturing, industrial, or related environment.
- Knowledge of materials management, supply chain, and purchasing.
- Knowledge of ERP systems.
- Experience with MS Excel, specifically creating VLOOKUP's and Pivot Tables.
- Possess financial awareness and ability to perform basic cost/benefit analysis.
PDC Machines offers an extremely competitive salary and benefits package:
- Health insurance with Meritain Health (Aetna)
- Dental insurance with Guardian
- Vanguard 401k
- Health Reimbursement/Health Savings Accounts
- Paid Time Off to recharge and refuel doing the things you love
- Paid Holidays
- PDC referral Program: $1,000 bonus for each successful referral
- Health & Wellness programs to keep you on your A-Game.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
Diversity, engagement, and inclusion remain at the center of our values. Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. At PDC, we devote resources and attention toward engagement, retention, and promotion of the incredible talent we have. The future of our work must be inclusive, and during this unprecedented time when people are facing more challenges than ever before, PDC Machines provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
PDC Machines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
All of your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.
PDC Machines is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PDC Machines via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of PDC. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PDC as a result of the referral or through other means.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.